Lowest Scores? Highest Scores?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Just A Tank
Private
Private

Post by Just A Tank »

my lowest was like -50 or something and highest was 400+ with Happy Thanksgiving
zaa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zaa »

Please remember that even though you might have gotten +2000 on a server, or whatever, does not exactly mean that the effort was put in to it. A lot of map makers put many world weapons and bots on their servers, to get that certain amount of kills.
That is kind of unfair to the players who reach high scores with their skills and strategies.. (and I'm not saying that the people with these bots or "WW" are not skillful or talented)

Keep this in mind..

~~

-Zaa
Odysseus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Odysseus »

My lowest score is -1000... I got it because I was bored.

Using steamroller range and bots, I got over 10000 points... :P
I found a white tank! It's called a observer!!!!1
MonsterMan++
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MonsterMan++ »

My highest score is on an experimental server and it was +1205 but my proper high score is +105 on Ducati's paintball.

Lowest score is -19 but only because i'm always to impatient to stay on and get a score that is actually bad. :D
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
-George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
-George Carlin

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
-Yogi Berra

Better a broken promise than none at all.
-Mark Twain
Sharpshooter25
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sharpshooter25 »

Well my highest was 100 but in stats it says 99. I try to be on the positive side but my lowest is -36. Not that much right :?: ?
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Lets see..I believe that my highest score was around 98 and my lowest score was -8160.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
Jeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jeep »

my highest score is +60
my lowest-100
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

highest, 95, lowest -685 (what happened to that hix map where everyone was red, and you just tk everyone else???i think it was Peters map)
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Albino Blacksheep wrote:highest, 95, lowest -685 (what happened to that hix map where everyone was red, and you just tk everyone else???i think it was Peters map)
I don't know about Peters map, but, we used to do that on Quols. Or wherever GU people like betraying their own teams really..

My lowest is about -60 something. My highest is 400, and I have a screenie to proove it.

I say that because strayers doesn't seem to agree with my highest score :)
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

Highest score: 1005
Lowest score: -237

http://bzstats.strayer.de/players/stats ... me&lang=en
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

i noticed that strayers isnt always accurate. alot of the people here say their highest score was higher than what it says on strayers. i belive my highest was actually around +110, however strayers dissagrees... i had a screenie somewhere...
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

Albino Blacksheep wrote:i noticed that strayers isnt always accurate. alot of the people here say their highest score was higher than what it says on strayers.
Sounds absolute logical, as strayer isn't realtime, it "just" logs data every 5 minutes. (Maybe in the past "strayer" did update only every 10 minutes, which would result in even more inaccurate statistics.)
Anyway, 5 min is nevertheless pretty fine imho.

Hmmm, strong is the force with some players. Very strong. Specially strong with the green guy, with his green logo and green tank.
Arn't midi-chlorian green? Which would explain all...
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

strayers may have a 5 minute delay, but even so, i got 110 about a year ago... i think it should have updated by now
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

Albino Blacksheep wrote:strayers may have a 5 minute delay, but even so, i got 110 about a year ago... i think it should have updated by now
it "just" logs data every 5 minutes
So strayer will generally log a lower high score than it should be. In few cases, strayer (and other stats-pages) will log coincidentally the correct high score, namely if the player leaves the game exactly at the moment after strayer did log.
(Stats pages theoretically would need to log faster than every second, in order to get perfect accuracy)
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

oook thnx
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

All of the current stats sites (including my.bzflag.org) that work for all server run on a "query every few minutes" kind of system. Servers them self don't yet have a way to push stats to a stats site, so the best we can get without a plugin or bzfs mod is a snapshot every few minutes.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Sharpshooter25
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sharpshooter25 »

z[h]ero wrote:
Albino Blacksheep wrote:strayers may have a 5 minute delay, but even so, i got 110 about a year ago... i think it should have updated by now
it "just" logs data every 5 minutes
So strayer will generally log a lower high score than it should be. In few cases, strayer (and other stats-pages) will log coincidentally the correct high score, namely if the player leaves the game exactly at the moment after strayer did log.
(Stats pages theoretically would need to log faster than every second, in order to get perfect accuracy)
Zhero's explaination is right. Thats why i only got a score of 99. I had 100 and lost 1 point. I ended up leaving cause i was tired so sighned off. Ty zhero. Great help again.
I
Am
Sharpshooter25

The master of Wings, Lasers and Guided Missle. I am working to be the master of Stealth

I am on RA. I really stink at Gu so im Practicing.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

highest, around 170
lowest about -48
although i plan to get a new high score above 250