Fusion Plug-in

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Fusion Plug-in

Post by Enigma »

So I started writing another plug-in. It changes the shot type based on a string that is passed to it. For instance, if you passed "WG&GM-CL&L" to the plug-in, WG would have GM shots, and CL would have L shots.

Here are some screenshots.

Low Gravity with ShockWave
Cloak with Laser
Wings with Guided Missile
The command that I used to load the plug-in

I will try to keep bzfs running with the plug-in loaded for today (June 15) if anyone wants to try it. There are no guarantees though. Right now WG has GM shots, CL has CS shots, ST has IB shots, A has F shots, V has F shots, OO has SW shots, LG has SB shots, ID has PZ shots, and BU has MG shots.
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Enigma »

Is anyone interested in this plug-in? I know I didn't post the code yet, but I will eventually. I haven't posted the code because it is written for BZFlag 3.0, which, as probably everyone knows, is still under development.

So yay, nay? You like it; you don't like it? It is so uninteresting that you decided to continue studying statistics (computing the standard deviation by hand)?
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

To be honest, I don't think it's really worth using a plug-in to expose a function like this when it's so trivial to just code up the specific combos you need. That is just my personal opinion, though. After all, to some server ops, making a trivial plugin is... non-trivial. :p

Things are going to get wacky when 3.0 comes out.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I thought the "combo" flags were going to require a plug-in. I could be wrong. If they do, I think pretty much most server owners would be interested.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

i think this is a nice plug-in, although some parts of it might be too strong (like WG-GM for example). Still, with correctly designed map it will be a good addition to the game.
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

It's great to see that you are looking to the future, Enigma!
L4m3r wrote:Things are going to get wacky when 3.0 comes out.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.