a new mode for severs

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
guitar hero

a new mode for severs

Post by guitar hero »

I was just thinking of new ideas for this game and I thought of an idea for a new server mode. It would be like juggernaut mode on halo, but you get to be smaller so you are harder to hit, your shots go as fast as the laser flag but it doesn't go as far, and you can be hit five times before the next person becomes it (like rabbit chase).
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You can already do most of that, however, I'm not sure about the 5 hit death part.

Server owners/Admins (who have "_set" privileges) can choose the height/width of the tank, shot speed and shot length all pretty easily. Maybe if you were to design a map, you could ask for these settings to be modified to your liking.

As far as I know, there aren't any maps that have tank width and tank height different to the default settings.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Grace F
You can't set a different tank size for a single tank. That's the point of his mod. One tank would be harder to hit, as it would be the target of everyone else.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

blast wrote:Grace F
You can't set a different tank size for a single tank. That's the point of his mod. One tank would be harder to hit, as it would be the target of everyone else.
There's no need to actually change the size of a tank. If the idea of his game mode is to make one tank harder to hit, a plugin could be created that gives the rabbit the tiny flag.

The server owner can change the shot speeds and such. The five shot-before-death part..I'm not sure about. If everyone has the shield flag there can be a two shot death, which is the closest I can think of to what you're talking about.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

blast wrote:Grace F
Sorry, I mis-understood.

I like Slime's idea about the Rabbit being given the Tiny flag, however.
But then I don't really see much difference between that and a regular Rabbit Chase on a map with the Tiny flag already placed.
guitar hero

Post by guitar hero »

What I meant was like what slime said they get the tiny flag. And what are you talking about blast of course it would be a target. duh
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> What I meant was like what slime said they get the tiny flag. And what are
> you talking about blast of course it would be a target. duh

Could be neat or horrible, depending on the map. In some Rabbit Chases, many of the kills scored by the rabbit are thanks to tactics such as GM camping, laser sniping, and the like. So, giving the rabbit an additional advantage could mean trouble. However, on a linear, more skill-related map (like HiX), a smaller tank size could be an advantage.

On a related note, the Progressive plugin works in a similar way, giving the rabbit an advantage, usually compounding depending on how many hunters have been killed.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

guitar hero wrote:And what are you talking about blast of course it would be a target. duh
Right, I was responding to Grace F, not to you. Please make sure to read all the words.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

guitar hero

Post by guitar hero »

Ya you're right you were talking to Grace F but I still want you to realize that the point of the mode is to make them a target. :|
guitar hero

Post by guitar hero »

Slime

I just meant the preson that is it gets five hits 'til they die not everyone.
guitar hero

Post by guitar hero »

f687/s

the person who made the map could just make it so there are alot of st flags and the person who made the server could make it so the(lets just say "the super tank") couldn't pick up st flags.