Very fast shooting

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Home Guard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Very fast shooting

Post by Home Guard »

I rode with a leader in observer mode to pick up some tips. When he shot, it was three shots in very quick succession which proved very effective.
I fire by rapid left-clicking. Is there a way to fire faster, or in a cluster?
I'm using WindowsXP btw.
Thanks
One day, I'll get a positive score....
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

He used a burst. Setting your secondary fire option as your wheel bar. so when you scroll down or up it can shoot all your shots.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

either that or use 2 firring buttons.

then you can fire like 1,2,1 very quickly
Home Guard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Home Guard »

Cool, thanks guys.
One day, I'll get a positive score....
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

I believe by pressing and holding the enter key (default fire key for keyboaders) you can make bursts too.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

you can but on my keyboard you cant move and press enter at the same time so i remapped so shoot is q and w
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by clarahobbs »

About 3 months ago, I figured out how to map the mouse so scrolling up is jump, and scrolling down is fire. This is really a great configuration for when I'm talking on the phone!
FKA Ratfink
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Yes that is a good idea except i have a laptop and i dont connect the mouse often and i also use keyboard for everything except for precision jumping on the trackpad
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
rabbit
Private
Private

config

Post by rabbit »

another alternative- use three letters for shooting ( I use q,w,e) to get decent 3shot bursts.
you have to add in a line(s) to your config:

Code: Select all

bind Q down fire
same line repeated 2 more times with W and E gives you 3 (or more) shooting buttons.

here's how to get to config: http://my.bzflag.org/w/Config_File
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

it says it cant open because it doesn't have the right program to open the config file what would you recommend
im running vista
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I would recommend learning how to use your operating system. ;) Maybe run Notepad as an administrator, but I would think you should have read/write access to that file, since it was created by your user account. Make sure you are accessing the right file.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Ok i know my operating system fairly ill figure it out :)
sniper15
Private
Private

Post by sniper15 »

Deleted.
Last edited by sniper15 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pirate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Very fast shooting

Post by Pirate »

If you hold down enter you fire very quickly but there is a delay between the first and second shots.
ironfist
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ironfist »

i despise shooting all yer shots cause another tank might join the frenzy and shoot at u making u jump with no shots to fire back. but its really good if u know no tanks will come and blow u up. really effective though. took me by surprise. :doh:
The light at the end of the tunnel... might always be a oncoming train.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I have Q, E and scroll to shoot, use Q E for a two shot burst then shoot the last one when they land, or on MW2 you can do the scroll to shoot because the reload is so fast :D
WarMachine
Private
Private

Post by WarMachine »

As people have suggested here. Mapping q w e keys is the best way. I also map 123 to various zoom levels. My left hand fingers are always on these 6 keys. By jerking with a mouse forward and to a side (at say an arc) to the right and slamming your 3 LH fingers nearly at the same time, you get a very tight spread of bullets shooting in the direction your tank was pointing, but each at a slightly different trajectory.

This is by far the best way to too down a tank. Eventually you learn to shoot may be 2 bullets and place a third at a slightly later time (I'm talking milliseconds delay), these shooting patterns are hard to avoid even by the most experienced players. You have to randomize the shots a bit. Believe me it works.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

You can't say that the q w e mapping is simply the best. I agree that having three keys assigned to shooting is very practical, but doesn't necessarily have to be the best. A lot of good players mainly use the scroll wheel to shoot. Depending on mouse, you can get great spreads by using the wheel. Some people use a combination of left mouse click and maybe two keys assigned to shoot. There are many variations. I use w e r, left mouse button and the scroll wheel to shoot. Which leaves me with many alternatives.

Just try it out, play around in the config.cfg file a bit and see what you like best.