unforgotten "classic" maps

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

cosmos, has bought up an overlord server wich is proving very popular, dont give up hope yet zaphod. the oldies might return and the old close combat skill might become reimbersed (is that the right word), also thanks from everyone for bringing back the classic servers.

cheers, Zac :) :) :) :) :)
methamp
Private
Private

Post by methamp »

zaphod wrote:well ::: i thought that the classics series would make some players either "come back" or curious to discover this very good "old" maps :::
unfortunately the stats prove a very poor frequency of visiting the "goldies"!
but i guess ::: time has changed and i see a strong tendency going for a sniper-style using GM or L instead of the "close combat" that demands skills, dodging and patience to learn!
i guess i'll keep running the classics until the end of this month and replace it with one "rotating-server" going through all the maps in a circle of 1.5 hours.
anyway ::: thanks for your posts and making an idea happening!
Don't get too nostalgic. I strongly remember doing my fair share of laser camping on grassroots (under a different moniker).
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

(2004) hmm can't remember this map ::: but was a neat idea to make work these great mapmakers together for a joint-work!!!
Dutchrai, Ducatiwannabe, The Purple Panzer and sid6.7
well i thought ::: that sounds really great!!!!
  • 123.zaphod.fr:5147
    classics ::: COLLABORATOR 1 ::: by Dutchrai+Ducatiwannabe+PurplePanzer+sid6.7
check it out ::: quiet something!
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: unforgotten "classic" maps

Post by zaphod »

well ::: the classic's series was not very “successful” and i thought that much more players would enjoy these great maps (like myself)!
Maybe it is related to the "camping&snipping" period which i have the impression is very "in vogue" right now?!
When it will be over and the more skillful playing comes back ::: i'm sure the maps will too!
Anyway after little activity on these maps ::: they are offline for now!
(well not really though ::: i set up a port with all 11 of them in a rotation cycle.)
  • 123.zaphod.fr:5169
    classics rotation ::: 11 CLASSICS ::: each one hour
If you want to store the classic's map files (with the options) for your "archive" ::: you can download them at www.zaphod.fr in the "maps offline" page!
And check out the blogging section ::: there is now a mini:series running ;-)