Hosts Not Hosting

General talk about the map making process.
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hosts Not Hosting

Post by Spectre »

I don't know if this is just me, or what, but it seems like hosts aren't hosting new maps much anymore. In the last few maps I've made, only one was hosted. :( So, tell me, is this just me, or are hosts not hosting?
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Maybe the hosts have realized that there are more servers than there are players and have decided to host only the really good maps? (I'm not speaking of your maps necessarily, so don't take that personally. I'm speaking in general.)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre »

I guess we'll just need to ask ahs3...ahs3? Where are you?
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Hosts will only host maps that will generate players. Usually. sometimes you can ask for your map to be hosted and it will be. but do you really want maps up that no one will play on? I'm not trying to bash your maps i'm just speaking in general.
SpringTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Hosts Not Hosting

Post by SpringTank »

When I make maps I do this, think about what I'm going to make, make it, look at it as if someone else made it, then i question my self, "would i want to be on that map? Is it hard to get around on this map? Is it a fun map? How many people should it hold? What should it be called? and Is it unique?"
Last edited by SpringTank on Thu May 14, 2009 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
More than likely there is a species out there that can naturally detect radio. I can only imagine that they are quite annoyed by us.
KF5QEK
I also fly stuff sometimes.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Hosts Not Hosting

Post by optic delusion »

You can always get your own ssh account and do all the work yourself.
Hosts want to have time to do their own mapping.
Send me a PM.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.