New idea. need some imput.

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

New idea. need some imput.

Post by ahs3 »

I'm working on a map with no radar, and Stealth flags given on spawn thanks to the flagOnSpawn plugin. Its a 2 team ctf red vs blue. It will be 2 shots, no rico, and jumping. It will have arrows identifying the way to the enemy area, also there is another catch, Its actually a Capture the Base. the blue team will spawn in the area with the Red base, with blue team flags spawned on the red base, so the red team must simply reach there base and drop there stealth flag to cap.

Here is a few screenshots to get a better idea. I'm looking for input on this idea.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa77 ... fi0157.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa77 ... fi0158.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa77 ... fi0159.jpg

Thanks for your input in advance.

--ahs3
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

That looks like fun, but it will be easy to camp in certain areas (especially if there is cl) but will you add a radar flag? (is there such a thing) But that is a very original idea (first for me) nice job!
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

i like the idea of taking the "usual" gameplay a step further and widening the possibilities to discover a whole new game!
this is certainly an interesting approach ahs3 ::: and using these great available plugins are supporting this idea!

it is not easy to imagine playing on this virtual map and only when you're actually on it ::: you discover all the "holes" that you didn't think of someone could figure it out ;-)

what i don't understand ::: why would you give someone on spawning a ST flag if there is no radar anyway?
and is it not to easy to cap? only thing to do is get on enemy base and drop your flag ::: so you stick around the enemy base and keep on killing the other team (are there any flags around to grab ::: or only on spawning? what happens to a flag if you drop it?)

suggestion ::: although i don't know if this could work???
a team style capture the flag? all present players in a team have to get to the enemy base with the corresponding team-flag. only if all members of a team are on the enemies base ::: capturing takes place ....?

can't wait to see this map online and playing it!!! and i hope you'll get better suggestions ;-)
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

I din't think the team-capture-thing will work on a public server, although I like the idea. It's really hard to tell from screenshots if this map will be fun or not. I think it has to be played on to say more.
wfg Monster
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

you could have a world weapon that kills the capper.
so capping comes at a price.

also if you have a st on a no radar map then people cannot right click to see the general direction you are in. and no radar means you cannot see shots on it, that also gives away location.

mabye a few flags on the map that can be picked up. but with extremely limited shots, eg.seer with 2 shot limit. or SB with 10 shot limit. that would add some interest into the game..

niced map idea anyway
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

i don't think it'll be easy to cap, as each team spawns around the others' base, i suggest a few flags to be added too, but only those which give you a slight advantage, i.e. tiny, narrow, ib, sb is great, se and cl definitely. limited shots on these flags would be fun i think, although maybe not tiny and narrow. st on spawn is a good idea so no one can "hunt" you, and i guess if you drop st then the flag disappears and you can't get it back. the map should not have st flags i think. i also suggest a raised base platform, but only a little, so you must jump onto the base. this gives much more opportunity for the opposing team players to kill you before you land and cap. it would make capping much harder.

i like zac's idea of the world weapon, otherwise the capper could just sit on the base and cap nonstop basically.

the map overall looks nice though, can't wait to play on it

-llrr
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

Thanks for the great input.

Zaphod wrote
i like the idea of taking the "usual" gameplay a step further and widening the possibilities to discover a whole new game!
this is certainly an interesting approach ahs3 ::: and using these great available plugins are supporting this idea!

Zac wrote
you could have a world weapon that kills the capper.
so capping comes at a price.

There actually be a oncap sw that will take out half of the map on the capped side, I saw this problem early on.

llrr wrote
i don't think it'll be easy to cap, as each team spawns around the others' base, i suggest a few flags to be added too, but only those which give you a slight advantage, i.e. tiny, narrow, ib, sb is great, se and cl definitely. limited shots on these flags would be fun i think, although maybe not tiny and narrow. st on spawn is a good idea so no one can "hunt" you, and i guess if you drop st then the flag disappears and you can't get it back. the map should not have st flags i think. i also suggest a raised base platform, but only a little, so you must jump onto the base. this gives much more opportunity for the opposing team players to kill you before you land and cap. it would make capping much harder.

Great idea, I will add a few of those flags with shot limits.

A Few things i noticed while testing this map.

1. It will take a lot of communication to prevent and cap. example would be whoever has a se flag needs to spread the word an incoming enemy tanks.

2. I also never realized how much I use radar to jump.

3. whoever drops stealth to grab another flag will become a instant target.

Thanks again for the great input. Im hoping for a public test soon. :)

-ahs3
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

It looks like it will be fun. It looks like a map that would require teamwork, which would be extremely cool, and rare.

At first I thought you'd want to change the boxes in the middle to make them at a 90 deg angle from the direction of play, so that it would be easier to hide around corners, but on second thought maybe it would be too hard to sneak up on those who are hiding.

Inferno's Stealth Battleground would give you a good idea of potential problems. There was another one that was really colorful that used this idea, but I forget what that was. Lasertag maybe? I really liked both of them, so I'm sure yours will be fun.
this signature intentionally left blank
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> It looks like it will be fun. It looks like a map that would require teamwork, which would be extremely cool, and rare.

Required teamwork is fun? Kinda concerns me whether that would be popular. ;-)

While the idea seems somewhat neat (mainly the "Capture the Base" and the use of ST), I am a bit concerned with the replay value of the map. The screenshots hint that the map will be kind of a labyrinth, which might take out a bit of the replay value once people figure out the most efficient way of getting from A to B. On another note, I'm not real certain about the need for absolute ST in the map. Even though I know it's to prevent right-click ID, it might be nice to add some additional flags on the map. That way, players can sacrifice absolute stealth for a better/different power (like maybe SR or V ;-).

But those are just my opinions. Either way, this map looks like it has the potential to be awesome. And teamwork-tastic!
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

The screenshots make it look small,but seems alright,although to be honest,i could imagine a better version,ive been wishing someone would make a map like this,and the closest ive seen is a map where one team plays as the germans and the other as americans,where the americans spawn in the water and germans on a beach,forgot who made that one though,anyway ahs,id like to see a bit of a world war 1 style map for a mode like this,not really bunkers,but more trenches,and tunnels i guess,seems a bit more fun for capture the base :?
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
robert bruce
Private
Private

Post by robert bruce »

i think you need it so there is only one SE or each team has one person who has it and if they drop it the only way to get it back is to die but other then that this looks like a great map. just wondering when are you gonna release it and whats its name?
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

Thanks again for all the great input.

I have put up a public test up. give it a try,

bzbattleground.com:5899