Forum upgrade to phpBB3

Important stuff goes here.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Forum upgrade to phpBB3

Post by trainee »

Thank you, Blast, JeffM, et al, for all your work.
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

L4m3r wrote:
joevano wrote:There is the byline at the start of the post, so I have to say I do kinda like all the avatars and stuff on the right. Keeps it out of the way.
I identify people much more quickly by their avatars, personally. I'm sure I'm not the only one. ;)
You're not, but I don't mind looking to the right instead of the left. We'll all get used to it.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Names with symbols should work again for global authentication. However, this is not an officially supported feature and it may disappear in the future. As per User Control Panel > Profile > Edit account settings:
Username must be between 2 and 20 chars long and use letter, number, space or - + _ [ ] characters.
This restriction may change at any time to be more or less restrictive.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

Great job on changing the forums,and thanks for spending your] time on it,hopefully ill see 3.0 in a few months if we're lucky,one thing i dont like right now is that whenever i change to a new page it starts at the bottom to make a new post,id just like it if you started at the top to read the posts before posting yourself.
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Tank 52 wrote:whenever i change to a new page it starts at the bottom to make a new post,id just like it if you started at the top to read the posts before posting yourself.
Looks like it does that if you use Internet Explorer. It's part of theme and wouldn't normally cause issues, since the Quick Reply is not part of a default install. Since it's such a minor issue, I probably won't worry about it for now. Use Firefox. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Quicksilver
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quicksilver »

I sure will miss the old phpbb2 :rip: But this is a good design, good job. But I do have a suggestion though, how about making the colors a little bit darker? Periwinkle isn't BZFlags color :gross: Black, Dark Blue, etc. will look great. But other than that, great job.

Also when I go into UCP, it only has "British English". How about regular USA english? ;)
Check out my forum!!!
http://www.forums.explosivestudios.com

Check out my friends and I Game Developing website! FREE GAMES!

HTML Version
http://www.explosivestudios.com

FLASH Version
http://www.wix.com/Explosivestudios/home
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Quicksilver wrote:Also when I go into UCP, it only has "British English". How about regular USA english? ;)
Because then I might have to mod both sets of language files when I install mods. ;) I think you'll live. The British English is the one bundled with phpBB3, so it will also be the most up-to-date when we upgrade.

Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

interesting. I don't play anymore but it was a pleasant surprise when I saw it. All in all a great job. Nice to see some work is still actively being done to the game - Enjoy Tanking without me.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I noticed that it doesn't notify you that you have a PM waiting, (when you open your bzflag cient and join a server)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

sniper15 wrote:I noticed that it doesn't notify you that you have a PM waiting, (when you open your bzflag cient and join a server)
Yeah, I commented that part out because I had more important parts to update. I might put that back eventually.

Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

blast wrote:Yeah, I commented that part out because I had more important parts to update. I might put that back eventually.
Please do! I found it was a pretty useful feature.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon