Callsign Choosing

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Fish Pigeon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Callsign Choosing

Post by Fish Pigeon »

What is a good callsign? I like my callsign, Fish Pigeon, but im wondering if there is a better callsign out there.

Thanx
Fish Pigeon
It doesn't matter what temperature the room is. It's always room-temperature.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Callsign Choosing

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I picked mine while playing the ducati style servers back in the 1.x versions. Everybody was really good and I was new to ducati. So I became a "wannabe" in attempts to catch them in scores. :-) Perhaps an activity you're involved with? Favorite animals? Heh... secret agent names? :| Dunno, really. Yours isn't bad.
Tut Tank Ahmon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tut Tank Ahmon »

I personaly always liked playing on words, so I merged the pharaoh name with my favorite war machine ...

I think that good callsign are the one that can be pronounced and maybe understood by people speaking english. My previous nick , lepoulpe303, is the one i use everywhere except in bzflag because it's rather not pronouncable in english (and I was fed up by play on words like le-poop ... :wink: )

For my part I prefer callsigns with play on words , with a special mention for the nicks that make a special sense during game ( like 'a random shot' that gives the message 'you have been killed by a random shot').
Use BZFriends to know who is online ! http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 22#p144700
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

fish pigeon is funny,
getting a better callsign relies on how you want it to sound, funny, serious, rude, etc..
but most bzflag callsings arent serious..
a few suggestions..>>>> Complete Mistake..(you got shot by complete mistake).....An accidental mouse click..(you got shot by an accidental mouse click)... a water tank... you get it by now....
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

I think the best nickname is the name which describes your personality best. Know what i mean?
*edit: Just as addition: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12560
Branton
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Branton »

Fish Pigeon is pretty good. I think the best is being Unique. I've been using "Branton" for a very long time... Very Very long time... Well lets just say since I got my first 80286... I was a young brat back then, so perhaps that was the inspiration :) Truthfully I don't remember how I came up with it.
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

Geeze... I think I got mine from a thing in a Mad magazine from the 1970's that I dug up, it had a song about the amoeba, and it went something like:
Amoeba!
There's nothing quite like the Amoeba!
So I was Amoeba!. Then the recent forum update sort of phased out the use of the !. Pity.

But to the point! I like names that end up with a funny meaning in the context of the game, like "A Distraction", "a random object", and "Some Martyr" (Some Martyr was killed by A Bullet, etc.). They're easy to make up, too.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> Complete Mistake..(you got shot by complete mistake).....An accidental
> mouse click..(you got shot by an accidental mouse click)...

> But to the point! I like names that end up with a funny meaning in the
> context of the game, like "A Distraction", "a random object", and "Some
> Martyr" (Some Martyr was killed by A Bullet, etc.).

Agh, no offense, but I abhor those types of callsigns. They were probably pretty innovative back in 2006, but they are just way overused nowadays.

For a new callsign, I would think witty, but not punny. Just listen to your heart, don't look back, and take the adventure that Aslan sends you. Or you could choose A'iken! Meh.

Your current callsign isn't too bad either...
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

When I started using the Internet, the first Nickname i chose was "Viper" ... later i found out that this was a pretty popular nickname, so i splitted it up in two words. Cobra_Fast came out :P And Im more satisfied with this nickname, though!

So always take a nick that comes from your soul, you can live with, and it needs to be authentic.
Search for Cobra_Fast on Google, 100% of results is me.
Landon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Landon »

I had entered the "random name" button while creating profiles on a few sites because i couldnt think of a name. landon came up once and something very very similar landen popped up also so i chose to go with landon because of the coincidence.
yosef
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by yosef »

As a noob I was blarggh (what I said when shot), but went with complete banality by using yosefk when I registered.
--9/12 Taking an extended break from this beloved game to return to RL. Look for me at the starbow's end...