League Site's 'Team' Page

Discussion for GU League Players
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

League Site's 'Team' Page

Post by slime »

I have a small question here..how come on the league site's 'team' page, the total number of matches a team has played and the number of members a team has does not show up? I'm pretty sure I remember them being there way back when..there's even still ()'s where the total number of matches should be. I sort of remember too a message saying that they were taken off, but would be replaced shortly. This was all long ago, and I am just wondering why they were taken off, and whether or not those two categories will be added again.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: League Site's 'Team' Page

Post by dexter »

Was wondering the same thing, since all of that info appears on the ducati league team page.
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

This is due the involved SQL query. With the increasing amount of matches in the database, that query takes a considerable amount of time to retrieve those values. For a single team to calculate this value as is done on the team page is trivial. Calculating them in a single query for listing the teams is another matter. That is why it was removed, and will stay removed until someone implements a solution for this.
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

The ducati-guys found an solution, I believe. I remember that they disabled those numbers, too long time ago, but are able to display them now. Are we using an older webleague?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Foo wrote:This is due the involved SQL query. With the increasing amount of matches in the database, that query takes a considerable amount of time to retrieve those values. For a single team to calculate this value as is done on the team page is trivial. Calculating them in a single query for listing the teams is another matter. That is why it was removed, and will stay removed until someone implements a solution for this.
Sounds like it's being done wrong then. Don't run a query that counts how many matches each team had. Store how many matches they had right in the team table, and then increment that when a new match is added.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

blast wrote:Sounds like it's being done wrong then. Don't run a query that counts how many matches each team had. Store how many matches they had right in the team table, and then increment that when a new match is added.
Yeah, but [dmp] aint here and menotume is to busy tking :)
Saturos wrote:Are we using an older webleague?
Yes, that's true. The problem is not so much in updating the web code for it, but to update the table schema to reflect changes in the php code. It's not rocket science, but will require backing up of the database, testing, etc etc.
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who