mini:HIX

User made maps to use on servers.
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

mini:HIX

Post by zaphod »

Well what can you do on a very-cold-winter-sunday-afternoon?!
Not being very inspired for a new map, feeling a bit silly and rather looking to have some fun playing BZFlag?!
HIX map!!! (usually ::: don’t touch that one!!!)
But the idea of having a HIX map in a 1vs1 style, made me reduce it to half of its size!
Keeping the proportions of the original in mind and adapting also its physics of jumping, gravity, shot-speed and many other factors, to make it feel “real”!
The outcome is hilarious (in my opinion) ::: very fast, action loaded and “cute”!
Immediately the server was packed and we stayed for a long time on top of the server-list!
Everybody was having fun (even some hardcore GU-players) to rediscover a whole different experience and underlining the silliness-factor of it (which was my goal! ;-)

123.zaphod.fr:5158 - GU ::: MINI:HIX ::: CTF:4Teams

And after playing on it ::: go immediately on the “big” one!!!
I promise you ::: you gonna be feeling completely lost!!!

anyway ::: to make it available and share the work (maybe one day ::: there is somebody feeling silly too) feel free to download it and using the license of GNU LGPL!

Attachments
miniHIXscr.png
(390.24 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
MINIhix.bzw
miniHIX with options included
(11.75 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: mini:HIX

Post by Wreckage »

Good job zaphod, fun map idea. It is a little confusing because I most of the time I only watch radar and it looked the same.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I tried it out and it was a blast!, It took be a little bit to adjust to the size but I loved it!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

it seems that player really enjoy playing on this mini version of the HiX map! (including myself ;-)
after many demands ::: i put a 2-team-CTF map online with the possibility to play 15 minutes fun matches! (some talked already about to make a league of it ::: which i'm always very septic about!!)
anyway ::: just have some fun playing a little FM!
123.zaphod.fr:5159 - GU ::: MINI:HIX ::: CTF:2Teams:15minFM
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Nice work, zaphod. I'm a little against the current settings. It makes it very difficult to climb pyramids and it feels like you have to really reach to make a jump to a block. Overall, however, it's got a really fun feel. I don't know if you remember or not, but I miniaturized some maps a while back, including HiX. Glad to see it revived, though.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

mini hix is hilarious..
especially with like 500ms of lag.. im invincible. lol :D :D
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

ducatiwannabe wrote:I'm a little against the current settings. It makes it very difficult to climb pyramids and it feels like you have to really reach to make a jump to a block.
I agree DW! it is not easy to get it right though! keeping the "proportions" from the big one and have the mini-feeling!!!
I hope with the little fine-tuning i made within the jumpVelocity and gravity setting will do the job?!
ducatiwannabe wrote:I don't know if you remember or not, but I miniaturized some maps a while back, including HiX. Glad to see it revived, though.
oh no ::: i wasn't aware of that (and could have saved me the looong hours in doing the map!!!)!
i searched the forum though but couldn't find it ::: if i knew :shock:
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

:-) Thanks so much for hosting these minimaps and for your mini hix, zaphod. It's been great fun. Your settings are pretty good now. ;-)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I love the Mini BadgerKings, and the mini HIX the best, good work.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

I have absolutely to mention that ducatiwannabe spent many, many and many hours in minimizing the maps that are running at the moment in the mini-series ::: Overlord, Grassroots, Pillbox, Badgerking, Two Castles, Spiralzone and his own Freedom Lives!!!
(i'll hope that he will soon do a mini:MissileWar ;-)
Thanks ducatiwannabe for the hard work and sharing them with us!!!
just the mini:hix i prefer my version and still polishing around it ::: teleporter's got a little widened and thanks to the input from many players ::: the "physics" setting feels "real" now!!!
(thx guys ::: your input is very crucial! this /report feature IS very helpful!)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Thanks ducatiwannabe, *cough* Mini Missile Wars *cough* :D , I think It would be amazing.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

no i dont want a mini missile wars..

i just want the normal one to be hosted in california :mrgreen:

lol

but i cant have everything i want eh.. so ill just stick to taking out my anger on DW :wink: (and failing to defeat him in combat)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Well, move to California, jk, but just think of a mini Missile War, oh the fun. (I to fail at defeating Ducatiwannabe)