League Inactivity!!!! POO!!!

Discussions about the various leagues
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

League Inactivity!!!! POO!!!

Post by Death Barrel »

What will it take???? What must be done???? Maybe we should start holding interactive internet guns to their heads!!! I really want to know....what is it going to take to boost the Acvitity of this league??? Anyone have any suggestions? I really think this is a high priority, and something needs to be done!!!

This may sound drastic to some players:
i propose that we should lower the time teams have to play matches before they go on the inactive list...what is it at now? 6 weeks i hear?? Well POO that is way too much time!!

I also propose that all those teams that were just created to just sit there be removed! They have no business there if they are just going to sit there like homeless peeps!

I also think there needs to be some kinda schedule...you know... maybe a schedule like the NFL or something like this.

And another thing, if any of you are with me on this, you also need to set and example: start asking for more matches, start playing more matches, and for god sakes....just do it!! what is stopping you??

Now does anyone have any suggetions what so ever??
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

Moving more teams to inactivitylist wont change much I think. If people dont feel like playing matches, then let it be. We need more players and motivate the current ones. They will eventually get there anyway, if they dont play at all. You can setup a tournament with a 1000$ price, that'll properly do the trick :). Helping new players into the game might help as well. I think the problem is, bascially, that the ctf-community is too small. So you'll keep playing the same teams. Beeing a team that dosnt win a match, this isnt any fun for them.

The league sites checks on a daily basis for dead teams and players. It actually removes at least one player daily on average. Two teams a week or something like this.

If you like to make a schedule then go ahead, but it wont solve your problem. You say that you already ask for matches both there, and at servers and still you dont get much. I dont think a schedule would change this much.

On a personal note, please cut down on the match-begging. Its getting rather annoying. Please accept no, and PLEASE respect that. I hate when you (and carnage) begin that "why are you in a team/league then?" "it only takes a half hour" .. etc.. Its my decision if i like to play or not, so respect that. I know you like to play games, and i think its good that you try to motivate us, but there is a limit. Too much begging only makes me wanting not to play. And when a team plays on ducati:59999 for fun, please respect that too. Twice i've seen that you wanted to interrupt the game to play a "real" match.

Just a friendly advise, no flame intented.
I don't need huge pictures here.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hey, i never said that.... and when i do keep asking for matches that is totally fair.... and no i won't stop cause then we will never get anywhere. I have always done this and that is what puts us ahead! You never complaind of this before when you were on HoW, so plz don't complain about it now :)
and it is true, (not only you) you can be there w/ a teammate and when i ask for matches i get no response...this is a big reason why i keep asking! i would not have to ask so much if i could get a response the first time. Dont' take this personal, but no i will not stop, i don't care how anoying it is to you or others. I am on a team to play matches, you know me that is pretty much the highlight of my day if i get to play matches....christ that is all i talk about at work.... i can't wait to come home and match!!

also, what 2 days ago when you guys were playing that fun match..... i did not interrupt it... i simply asked fanta to play us a match when he was finished... FINISHED was the key word there. Also even if i was...which i wasn't .... 59999 is reserved for OFFICIAL matches, i believe OFFICIAL matches take priority over all others there, so i wouldn't have been in the wrong if I was.

i am saying this with absolute no harm intended, cause i respect you. but once again, you never once complaind to me when you were on HoW about we are playing to many matches :)

i will go ahead and defend Carnage here....when he does that it is not wrong either....it really is ok to ask for matches that is allowed you know :) so plz nomore saying we are anoying.... i know this and this is the biggest reason why we play so many matches :)

with respect,
BB
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Im assuming were talking about the regular CTF league right..heh.

Anyways, there are going to be slow times i guess. I know its hard sometimes to get people together especially the closer we get to the holidays. If a penalty is incurred, i doubt that will help. I agree however, it would be nice to get matches together but finding an appropriate way to do it may be a bit difficult...Hopefully, when I get the IST scheduler together we can see how it works there (maybe itll spark some matches). If all goes well, maybe we can incorporate it in the CTF league...
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

I agree with dmp. There are a lot of teams out there that don't have the time you players on HoW have. So they can't play matches all the time. I think 442 matches is a pretty large number of matches. And check out how many teams have played over 25 matches. The majority of them have.

And I don't like the idea of deleting teams after 6 weeks of inactivity. If this inactivity is so severe, then slowly teams will be deleted. And HoW will too because there would be no teams to match.
Thats how I see it.
Last edited by Legolas on Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

HoW played 200 of those :)

Dmp I understand that you are annoyed when asked over and over again, but TDS, Fortix, and Proxs (don’t be offended just that u guys say no alot) have ushually 3 or more players on what I cant understand is why we cant have 1 official match it only takes 2 of you. We could compromise 1 match a day or every 3 days and we wont bug you so much :)
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

1 a day i would imagine is a bit extreme....i mean there is life beyond BZ...heh
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

there is?? lmao....1 a day is not enough in my book...but if some of you guys played at least 1 match every 2 weeks maybe we would be getting somewhere, but that is not even happening :(

My life schedule: work, bz, work, bz, work, bz, work, bz i think i am married somewhere in there ;)
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

heh, i agree. 1 every 2 weeks isnt that bad. :)
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB