server option, all flags undroppable

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

server option, all flags undroppable

Post by optic delusion »

I was talking to Agent Dad, who will never post, and he had two questions I thought I'd bring forward. The first one is pretty good, the second is in "yeah... but..." territory. Excuse me if these have been discussed before, I did a little searching.

Could a server could have -nodrop option? Flags are un-droppable, and the one you pick up is the one you are stuck with. This seems like it could have some uses. It immediately seemed useful for an obstacle course map i've been working on.

Agent Dad's second idea was to have flag types visible to admins.. or even observers. This would help in identifying flag cheaters. I told him maybe there are more cons than pros with this one.

As long as I'm talking about enhancements, I would like to push for the NO-Ricochet flag.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: server option, all flags undroppable

Post by Bambino »

Ah, I would love them both.
A -nodrop would greatly inhance you ability with flags. Love to see some guy running around with US.
The no- ricochet flag wold also be nice as a bad flag?
Maybe have the flag type visibility tied to a group perm so the server owner can set who has the ability to view the flags.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
gentle giant
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gentle giant »

Yeah i was thinking about a nodrop flag area along with a flag auto-drop area. It would be pretty cool for obstacle courses like you menchinned(?). The second one is what you expect as could be bad and worse. And why don't we have a no rico flag already? We already have a rico flag. I can't beleive no one thought of that.
My motives from an awesome teacher:

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail"
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Carnage »

Optic Delusion wrote: Agent Dad's second idea was to have flag types visible to admins.. or even observers. This would help in identifying flag cheaters. I told him maybe there are more cons than pros with this one.
would be a lot easier if this was implemented for cheaters to cheat, pretty much would just had to change 1 line.

you make a server option so when the client spawns the server randomly gives it a flag and thats the only flag its given(played on a server that did this already)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

in 3.0, flag types are never sent to any user, and it's the server that gives out flags and does "pickups" so clients can't be modded to "get" any flag they want. Identify is simply implemented as a text message from the server to the client.

in 3.0 there is a scripting event that can disallow flag drops.
ImageJeffM