suggestive map theme

General talk about the map making process.
gentle giant
Private First Class
Private First Class

suggestive map theme

Post by gentle giant »

I am currently trying to make a map and I have an idea that I don't know is fun or not. I am making a two team capture the flag with everything double. Two bases for each team. Two playing fields that you can go from one to the other. Everything is just duplicated higher above the surface but the same. Can you give me some feedback if that will be fun or not? Thanks, gentle giant
My motives from an awesome teacher:

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail"
blast
General
General

Re: suggestive map theme

Post by blast »

We won't know if the map is fun until you make it. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Crallion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Crallion »

Are you saying that you would have a map, and then a duplicate of it 100 units above, which are connected by teles? If so, you should put in CL. The enemy probably couldn't tell if they were on base level or second level unless they saw the tank related graphics (i.e. treadmarks or boosters)

Overall, I think that it is a good idea, but like Blast said, we won't know if its fun until you make it and we play it.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

To err is human. To really foul up requires the root password.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Actually you can determine the height of a tank based on the radar too.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

This certainly could be a fun idea, but the real funness (or lack of) would come out of how well you make the specifics.