An additional US team

Discussions about the various leagues

What are your thoughts?

Yes, it should be divided east/west.
33%
Yes, it should be divided north/south.
22%
Yes, however it should be divided some other way (please specify)
11%
No, it is fine the way it is.
22%
Other (please specify)
11%

Total votes: 9

ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

An additional US team

Post by ski »

As expected, suggestions have been made to possibly create another US team to allow more players and thus create more activity (matches) in the IST league.

Thanks for your responses...
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Hmm, this is a tough one.I think either west to east. I don't like North to South because it would be another Civil War only with tanks. :)
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Past is past...........future is your life.
Divide the "team" i base of "quantity".
If there is a lot tank from south or west you can divide with a normal A or B Or USA team blue or RED or White.
Start a selection from how many tanks are from W,S,N,E.
Or from A to P and Q to Z.
Or try a funny way......people from south can play with North alliance and people fron north in the South Alliance.
But the best I think ........a casualty division of "tanks".
There isnt a West Coast or etc but only a two /three different teams......
Will be just a team no South or North or East Coast or West division but just a team ( a number of persons associated together in work or activity)
Blue, red, white team
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

well, all the reservists...like Jak, Oman, Lil Dog....i say let them branch off and play their matches, as USA team B
even though this is a dumb idea cause finals are right around the corner, and they won't have the time to catch up in rating to enter into the finals. So overall this is a really dumb idea (like i said before .. lol) but hey, if that is what they want to do then so be it!
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

It was geared more for after the finals not right away. Besides it wasnt just for the existing reserve unit, there have been others that have mentioned interest in joining the league however felt that it would be pointless if they were never going to play in a match.

BTW, why so harsh? Is there such a thing as a dumb idea? Its statements like that which prevent good ones from ever being recognized.....One could say the same about having a reserve unit.
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

daBomb (no more)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by daBomb (no more) »

i voted for north/south teams. do not know for sure ur timezones but forming east / west team will cause some time-related issues with matching west side of US by people from old continent.
bottom
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

daBomb wrote:i voted for north/south teams. do not know for sure ur timezones but forming east / west team will cause some time-related issues with matching west side of US by people from old continent.
That is a good point however as mentioned by SGI we could split it into the timezones...eastern,central,pacific...
but i do like the north/south split too...
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

well, i think the whole concept of limiting the amount of players on teams was the "dumb idea" see what happens now since that rule went into affect? lol ..... it was never my idea to limit the # of players there could be on one team i was totally against it! I am aginst the 2 USA teams idea cause frankly there is only 1 USA. I am not stopping anyone from playing matches, i would not mind americans players to keep joining that would be great in my book, but once again someone had to put a limit on the # of players per/ team.....so if that is what you guys want to do is make a Team USA #2 then be my guest.

SKI: btw, i did not intend for that comment to be taken the wrong way..... it is just frusterating...cause this would have never happend in the first place if there was never a limit on the # of players per team. Maybe you guys need to reconsider that rule again, then the problem would be solved. Unless you guys have your minds set on a Second USA team, feel free it really doesn't matter to me anymore.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

also: if you guys do decide to divide it...it will not get split into North/South/East/West.....the current players on Team USA are not going to be forced to leave like that, it is ok if they want to leave but i really doubt it.....if you must do it then let the people that are wanting to join Team USA branch off and make Team USA #2.
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Im only bringing to the table what has been brought up.

Am I against an unlimited # of players? Not necessarily because I dont see how having more players is an advantage. Take Canada for example who only have 3 members and they are competing with the US in Total pts.

Adding a US#2 would also be beneficial also because it could increase the matches (or not). As I said, im only bringing this up because I feel that it needed addressed. I can take lifting the # of members rule but I have to look at all options first. It would only be fair.
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yes i understand...and by all means i am not getting frustrated with you.......these are just issues that have already been brought up in the past. If players are not on a team by now....hey, their loss. Only certain players got invites for the team USA (VETRAINS i may add) players who chiko and i thought would love the opportunity. The new players that are asking me every day if they can join or not are my issue.........i am not necessarily saying we should't make a Team USA #2 i am just saying that the players on the Current Real USA Team are not going to have to be forced to switch teams like that...i don't think that would be fair and i would make a bet they would feel the same way. Players like dabomb(no offense) and players on teams in other countries should not have a say so....it is to their advantage to split up Team USA, get my point? So, after thinking about it for a while, i say we get some of those newer reservists to branch off and start Team USA #2 if need be to make everyone happy.

It just sorta ticks me off that players that are not on Team USA are telling me how to run things, or how things are gonna be.... well, me being the Captain of Team USA that is not good for business, and by all means i am not trying to be a butt face (lol), i am just trying to do what is best for our team USA.

think about it, but some of these newer reservists you know just now joined, i would feel bad to tell them "no" you cant join! So i say well i guess you can be a reservist....but remember when we first agreed to the reserve team....the first players to play 12 matches were the Active members....by that point there should not have been a reserve team anymore, but hey i am a nice guy and i don't have a problem with it....it is just my opinion that the reserve team is getting out of hand (i mean getting large) well you have not really seen it, but there a few players out there that think they are on the reserve team that are not even listed..... what i think we should do is go ahead and get rid of the reserve team.....bump the max # players per team to 13 and make chiko be an active member again. And just get rid of the Reserve and that is that.... Now, if they want to get together and say "hey, lets make a Team USA #2" i don't see any problems with that. So, we really need to figure this one out and fast for their sakes, finals are right around the corner!!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

you know also, this really should be a discussion for the USA players on team USA. This really should have been posted under the Team USA forum, ski: you and i are the only ones that have posted to this forum for the Team so far.

And do you notice that this discussion has not been brought up by the current players of Team USA? it has been brough up by players from different countries and americans who aren't even on a team.
megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

big barrel wrote:i am not necessarily saying we should't make a Team USA #2 i am just saying that the players on the Current Real USA Team are not going to have to be forced to switch teams like that
Execllent point. I hadn't thought of that when i suggested a CSA team...
Last edited by megachirops on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When in doubt, quit"
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

ok, it seems like we arnt gettin anywhere with this...

i thought that just maybe i could get some input from players , regardless if the input was US or any other country or players, because im an open kinda guy but it seems that cant be done...<sigh>

Patlabor, please lock this...
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for.. I edited my post..
Anywho
I agree with BB... Dividing the current USA team would be a bad idea and prlly unfair... The best solution that i can see (if there were to be a division) would be to take new players during the next tourney and put them on a second team.
"When in doubt, quit"
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

OK, this is what im going to do. If enough people, at least 3-4 people, let me know they want to be part of a second US team. Ill create that team and add them to the site for the next tourny. I dont want to just move the current reserve unit to a second team because im not sure how active they are. I want to make sure the second team consists of active players. If I do not receive enough response from people who want to play in a second team, i will raise or maybe even eliminate the limit of players per team. This way I think everyone can be happy :)

So, if anyone is interested in joining/creating a second US team, PM me or email me at ski@ist.baat.dk. I will leave this option open until the end of December before the next tourny. After that I will make adjustments to the member limit.

Thanks,
ski
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehe, that is an ok idea, but what i think should be done know is get rid of the reserve unit, cause there really should not be a reserve unit anymore. Ski: i will pm you to tell you which players need to get switched :)

talk to you then :)
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

The adjustment has been made per your request...
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

thank you sir :)
Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

*sigh*

well since the reserve unit has been disbanded , i jus wanna say thank u to Jak an Oman for cheering us on playing on our team . i really do appreciate your being there for us jus in case . in the short time that u played for us i can say u did a great job an gave our team some much needed victories . your talent an devotion has not gone unnoticed .

our team is made up of mostly veterans now..
i was hoping that Team USA could adopt some n00bies... potentially good players who we could help to become the next generation of the best from our country .
but im also glad that a compromise was found that would not result in a rift between our present teammates . we have come too far , and achieved so much together , that a split now would be devastating to both sides .

im not gonna debate BB or ski's decision . obviously BBs decision to enlist such good players as Jak , Oman an Root was a good judgement call to begin with .
and skis' wisdom an good judgement goes wifout saying :)
the success of the IST is due in most part to him .

i would definately welcome another N. American Team .
more players = more teams = more matches = more fun
i look forward to seeing them on the field at the next tourny :)
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

well, like i said before...if a new USA team is to be formed, and that teams wants to start right away....then by all means start it!! the finals are right around the corner. Nothing against Oman, Jak, Lil Dog, and Root. But earlier in the IST season we agreed to let the 1st 12 players who played matches into the Active list.....that was why we had the reserve in the first place. Now that the Active team is full, there is not a need for a reserve team. The whole limiting of players was not my idea and i never supported it from the beginning, but that rule is in affect and i myself can't do much about it alone :(
Just because you guys are noObs has nothing to do with it...look at root...he is no where near being a noOb. I hope you guys aren't mad at my decision. This is a brand new league and there are still some bugs in the rules which hopfully will be fixed by next season, which by the way is also right around the corner. So consider your options and lets get started!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

locking at orginal posters request
ImageJeffM