BZW Tools Help Installing

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
pingiscoolest
Private
Private

BZW Tools Help Installing

Post by pingiscoolest »

I am trying to install BZW Tools on my computer running Ubuntu. I (think) I have followed all the instructions of the BZW Wiki to install it. The BZW Script shows up and I can get into the add object menu but when I click one of the objects to add I get the error message "Python script error: Check console"
What am I doing wrong? It is probably something stupid but I cant figure it out. :cry:
Thanks in advance

EDIT: I have noticed that I can add the weapon object but that appears to be all though I have't tried all of them. Thanks again!
blast
General
General

Re: BZW Tools Help Installing

Post by blast »

My suggestion would be to check the console (e.g. run blender from the terminal and read the error).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

pingiscoolest
Private
Private

Post by pingiscoolest »

If I try to add a cone i get this error (I have replaced my username with "user" in quotation marks :
BZFlag settings found, setting to user preferences
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 248, in addbutton_event
File "/home/"user"/.blender/scripts/bzflag/cone.py", line 39, in __init__
self.wallimage=Blender.Image.Load(BZconfig.bztexpath+'boxwall.png')
IOError: couldn't load image

The directory it is showing does not exist, I have checked. I did not give it this directory anywhere, Should I create the directory or what?

EDIT: Im confused now I couldnt navigate to that directory but if i type in the top bar /home/"user"/.blender/ I get to a folder that contains the scripts folder and in the scripts folder is the file cone.py
I am now very confused why is it that I could not navigate to the file through the file system but I could jumpt to it?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you read the error more closely, you'll see it's talking about an image file, not a python file.

Code: Select all

self.wallimage=Blender.Image.Load(BZconfig.bztexpath+'boxwall.png')
IOError: couldn't load image
So, it seems like you need to run through the First Time Setup and set the path to your BZFlag textures.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

pingiscoolest
Private
Private

Post by pingiscoolest »

well i set all the directories i could find to the folder containing boxwall.png but i still get the same error :x I still cant figure this out though It is probably obvious what I am doing wrong.
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Strakowski »

I just had the same exact errors. My problem was that there wasn't a "/" at the end of my texture path. I assumed it would be there by default. It's not. :wink: