AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)

Post by Agent West »

Rest in peace, girl!!! sucks that you died so young...
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
Cruel dog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)

Post by Cruel dog »

:rip: In this post, I'd like to say how much I loved to have her around. She was really important for me. I know other people also lost a very good friend, like Temporal Distraction.
I would like to thank her from all my heart for what she made for the time I knew her, before she passes away due to Cystic Fibrosis.

In memory of Alice D,
1991 - 2009
:rip: RIP :rip:
"Always be Happy, Alice!"
Owner@ BZAddict.net
Admin @ bunch of servers
And much more!
"Even if I am named Cruel dog, I still am friendly! I just become Cruel with troublemakers! xD"
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Alice D, I will never forget you, ever. I cannot bare to think that you'll never play Two Tanks With me again, it was amazing times, I hate to see you gone...forever. But you'll be in my heart forever. I never knew you had Cystic Fibrosis, and be gone at a young age of 18, just a few days past your birthday.

Silly emoticons cannot express my true feelings towards this horrible news.

RIP Alice D.
I will see you in BZFlag heaven in the future.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
pooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pooper »

Man... I just can't imagine...

The best part of BZF was always sitting around on Two Tanks with Alice and Temp etc, talking more than playing... she will be missed dearly. That she was always so positive, never letting on that she had a fatal disease... If only everyone could be so kind and strong a person. RIP Alice.
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

Alice, the Pwner:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn30 ... fi0081.png

Spawned, and ready for battle:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn30 ... fi0087.png

screenshots were taken in June, 2008. Back then it seemed that Alice would never leave us. still feels like a bad dream, and keep looking at "current players" list, looking for her name in there...
see you in Heaven, Alice!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Man, the first one brings back memories...I was still sniper15 back then :)
Alice was amazing at that map.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Even for the short time I knew Alice, the first time I played with her, you could tell her kindness and passion for the game and players. I keep her and her family in my prayers!

Love ya,
LL
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Though I was not privileged to have known Alice D personally, I am touched by her story. Few of us will ever have to face such a disease, but we are all heartbroken over the few of those who do. The strength and courage of those who struggle with such afflictions, especially in the face of the effects of these diseases, inspire awe and hope for the rest of us.

Alice D was a good friend to many and we are all deeply affected by her loss. To lose a friend tragically at such an age saddens all members of the community and creates a void that will never be quite filled. We will miss her immensely, especially those who knew very well; but let us retain and protect the memories of her that remain with us. May she rest in peace, and may God bless and comfort her friends and family that she leaves behind.
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

Constitution wrote:Though I was not privileged to have known Alice D personally, I am touched by her story. Few of us will ever have to face such a disease, but we are all heartbroken over the few of those who do. The strength and courage of those who struggle with such afflictions, especially in the face of the effects of these diseases, inspire awe and hope for the rest of us.

Alice D was a good friend to many and we are all deeply affected by her loss. To lose a friend tragically at such an age saddens all members of the community and creates a void that will never be quite filled. We will miss her immensely, especially those who knew very well; but let us retain and protect the memories of her that remain with us. May she rest in peace, and may God bless and comfort her friends and family that she leaves behind.
may God also keep Alice away from all troubles and pains as she walks with him in Heaven. May she Always be Happy.
XIII
Private
Private

Post by XIII »

I never was one for such glamourous words. What people have written and wrote pours out the feelings and emotions of everyone. Alice D no Happy Alice was an amazing player not just as a fantastic rico artist but as a person. A Team player and one to always welecome new people, stand up for what is right. She played fair and harsh. I can remember the first time we played. The Two Tanks it was me Alex France her and Tempral. Those times were fun and it is those tiems that shall be remembered. I am heartbroken to hear that she passed away no sooner than after her birthday as well. So sad, so tragic, but we must move on each in our own way keeping a hold of any memories we have.

We must live on as Happily as Alice did. I'm sure that is what she would have wanted.

Rest in peace Alice rest Happily and i'm sure we will meet in BZflag Heavon.

Perhaps you can tell me what you were going to tell me before you left as well.

*Insert very sad crying emoticon here*
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

R.I.P Alice.
You were a great player and had a good spirit.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

We should make a memorial of some kind. Whether its donating a server to her, or making a map just special to her. What do her friends think?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

This thread is somewhat of a memorial to her. I don't think a server for her would work out that well.
drunk driver
Private
Private

Post by drunk driver »

I'll miss you lots Alice!

She was one of the players that played a lot of the same maps that I do and when she was on the other team she definitely made you work to be a better player. When she was on the same team as you, the game was so much easier.

RIP
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

about a memorial map (or server)... idk...
better would be to make a memorial billboard and put it on "Two Tanks", Alice's favorite map
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Anyway, I met her sister back on Two Tanks (hah she'll probably read and remember it) but she seemed upset. Lamu, the BZFlag community grants our deepest love to your family.

I still remember connecting to Two Tanks. I would see her name on top of the scorelist, my next words were "Oh Great!" I just wish I could spend one last battle with her. She'd beat me down bad. But she would make sure I learned never to give up...

Miss ya.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

Alice wasn't just a friendly and highly skilled player, she was also an aspiring developer. Last December she created a new in-game translation feature with support for 23 languages. Although we are unable to use it due to licensing restrictions, it shows her ability and willingness to contribute to the community.

Her personal tragedy is a loss for us all.
teamvss
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by teamvss »

Voila que j'apprend avec terreur q'un joueur est décédé, Alice D une joueuse d'un très haut niveau,
j'ai vu cela sur The Two tanks, sans nul doute sa map préféré...
Pour une fois que je trouve un joueur parlant le français et qui ai la pour le fun comme moi pour une partie de bzflag...quel malheur...
Toute mes condoléances
teamvss & leaguevss
kévin & kévin

P.S:I wanted to express my condolences in french because it is the languages that I with it
:::Overdoze Extended :::
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Enigma »

Ephraim wrote:Man... I just can't imagine...

The best part of BZF was always sitting around on Two Tanks with Alice and Temp etc, talking more than playing... she will be missed dearly. That she was always so positive, never letting on that she had a fatal disease... If only everyone could be so kind and strong a person. RIP Alice.
There is probably a good reason for not letting anyone know about her disease. It could be because people tend to act differently around you when they know you have a fatal disease.

She was a really good player. I enjoyed playing against her more than playing with her (same team). If we were on the same team, we would just own everyone, and that's not fun.

I didn't know her that well on BZFlag, and I never knew her personally. Yet, my eyes are welling up. I don't get it.

If anyone is interested, you can contribute to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I have not played on Two Tanks in a while, but I do remember her as a great person and an amazing player. She will be missed here in the Bzflag community, and my sympathies go out to her family.

I do think that some sort of memorial or billboard on the Two Tanks map is a good idea.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Maybe Optic Delusion can make a MoFo style billboard just for Alice along the side of the map, or the spot just above the drivethrough wall...Ideas?
serbatoio
Private
Private

Post by serbatoio »

Bambino wrote:This thread is somewhat of a memorial to her...

I was told this when talking about maps...Anyway I think a billboard would be great. On the side, like Mofo would be great.
Kamikaze
Private
Private

Post by Kamikaze »

BzFlag is definitely different now with alice gone. She was an amazing player and an even greater friend. Im gonna miss when all of us would just talk about random things instead of playing. She was such a kind person, even to players she just met. I wish i could of had the opportunity to meet her in person, but at least she is in a better place now. I miss u Alice. Stay Happy.

Jeff <3
:rip:
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Bullet Catcher wrote:Alice wasn't just a friendly and highly skilled player, she was also an aspiring developer. Last December she created a new in-game translation feature with support for 23 languages. Although we are unable to use it due to licensing restrictions, it shows her ability and willingness to contribute to the community.

Her personal tragedy is a loss for us all.
Man... I remember that now, although I didn't make the connection before. :(