Missile Wars corrupting New GU players :-)

Discussion for GU League Players
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Missile Wars corrupting New GU players :-)

Post by Zac »

i think that missile wars is a bad influence on new gu players. it teaches tactics that simply don't apply for the league. the fast shooting encourages players to shoot first dodge later. it doesn't work, trust me :wink: to play a GU league level game you must be able to dodge. and jump. shooting is of less importance. .. a pass. does not include jumping over a huge pyramid twice the size of your tank. precision is needed and some new players have trouble with that. to pc against someone trying to cap the flag is a difficult process and cannot be improved when you cant even get to the base. HOWEVER i am not saying you shouldn't play on Missile wars. i personally think it is a work of art in the Bz world. and it really is a fun map.

but what i would like to suggest for all you Gu players who would like to be better. hang out at a Hix or ducati. or even the fabulous pillbox. i can tell you from first-hand experience that pillbox is an incredible map when you get the ctf game play going. anyone who ever played borrego back in 2006-2007 can back me up here. it really improves dodging skillz. or een to a lesser degree. if you want a map that lots of people play on. then badgerking is great to. there are lots of shots and open ground. plenty of clever ricos and cool jumping challenges.
to all you new league players out there, missile wars may be a great amazing fantastic map that is always topping the serverlist, but it is teaching you habits that wont help in the league.

cheers.Zac
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Re: Missile Wars corrupting New GU players :-)

Post by Saturos »

As a rule of thumb, if you want to get better in GU, play GU.
Playing ducati can improve dodging, but everytime I played ducati, my jumping was way off afterwards. Pillbox is pretty useless in my eyes because ducati has everything it offers, but with ricos.
Anyway, if missilewar is fun for you, just play it... its a game, its there to have fun.
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

I'm one, starting off at Two Tanks and Missile Wars. I play what I think is Ducati to knowingly learn what I can see are better tactics.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Saturos wrote:Playing ducati can improve dodging, but everytime I played ducati, my jumping was way off afterwards.
If you dodge well and have good ricos, you shouldn't have to jump much :P
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Constitution wrote:
Saturos wrote:Playing ducati can improve dodging, but everytime I played ducati, my jumping was way off afterwards.
Well.. how do you stop someone whos hopping from block to block to the base? :P
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

Saturos wrote:
Constitution wrote:
Well.. how do you stop someone whos hopping from block to block to the base? :P
I always wait for him to fall down...oh wait, I think I am just starting to realize why I am loosing matches:)
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who