Yet another BZ host...

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Yet another BZ host...

Post by that exploding tank »

Yeah, I know. There are too many servers for not enough players. However, I'm looking for a way to offload a crapload of spare bandwidth that I have that doesn't use much CPU, and bzflag is probably the best way to do so.

I haven't really come up with a name for it... so we'll go with Hostnth, the web hosting company I run. After all, the domain (when it finally propagates to the server) will be hostnth.com...

The Server
I currently own a P4 1.5 GHz (why I need a low cpu game), 1 GB RAM server on a 100Mbit uplink.

Getting it hosted
Just send me the map file, and I'll worry about the conf file. However, if you don't place settings/flags in the file, I'll create settings that will best suit the map. Be aware that they may be different than what you originally intended, so please put the settings/flags in the map file.

Admins
Any map maker is free to use his/her own groups, but I will only grant access to mine if I trust the user. Also, there will be no passwords on any maps that I host, so you will need your own group if you want guaranteed admin access.

I am looking to reduce the line between admins and players, though... so if you are a respected bz player, I could add you to a group of minicops... who knows.

Thanks!
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Yet another BZ host...

Post by clarahobbs »

Oh cool! I was looking for a host for some of my maps, maybe I'll send them to you. And I can have my admin team looking after the server, too.
FKA Ratfink