Hotplate

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hotplate

Post by FiringSquad »

How about a region that starts a timer in your client to self-destruct, that can only be reset by leaving the area?
It can be viewed as engine temperature increasing, while in the region. It could also have an option that there is a cooling-down time, so that you can't just pop out and immediately return.
It could be used to help prevent camping and also to add interesting possibilities in maps. e.g. a shortcut that you must run through to survive, with little time for fighting/dodging, or a good place to hide your flag in CTF.
It would need a separate timer for each client, so I'm not sure if a server plug-in would be appropriate for this.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Hotplate

Post by meeba »

This sounds like it could be fun, but it would be something best left to a plugin. You could probably modify LouMan's KOTH plugin to do something like this.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

I like this idea. As F.S. said, it will open up possibilities. I like it...

ll
pooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pooper »

Hmm... I'm having a vision of a map where everywhere is like this, and you have to keep moving continuously to live. But not like that map with the obnoxious SWs that follow you around.
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by clarahobbs »

I think it sounds interesting, but I think there is no need for it to be client-side. It could easily be handled with a plugin IIAC, but I never made a plugin so I'm not quite sure.
FKA Ratfink
Anxuiz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anxuiz »

Yes, it could be made with a plugin. It wouldn't be that hard either.

The plugin would have Player class for each person and then use the playerUpdateEvent to see if anyone's inside and start a timer that could be based on the tick event.

- Yassen