Mumble

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
fluffy mcduff
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mumble

Post by fluffy mcduff »

who uses mumble with BZflag? i'm check to see how widely it is used before i download it. :D

this is the wiki http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
blast
General
General

Re: Mumble

Post by blast »

Check with the people you actually want to talk to and see if they use it. You'd have to coordinate it with the other people anyway... You would have to join the same Mumble server.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by InfraRed »

fluffy mcduff wrote:who uses mumble with BZflag? i'm check to see how widely it is used before i download it. :D

this is the wiki http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

I use Yahoo Messenger (beta version 10) voice call, run it in the background, and have had no lag or other bandwidth issues so far. Obviously you need a microphone, speakers, etc...and best of all... It's Free. Limited to the world outside of BZ Flag.
So, download it, try it especially if it is for just BZ Flag, it most likely doesn't affect bandwidth, and ya might find the others using it by downloading it and having it set up and ready to go!
:D
Last edited by InfraRed on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EQ balanced with IQ, eliminates Sleepwalking through life.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

BZFlag 3.0.0 looks like it will have support for mumble positional audio. This means that voice chat via Mumble will sound like the voice comes from the tank that is speaking. :)
irc.freenode.net #bzflag wrote:< CIA-72> BZFlag: trepan * r20656 /trunk/bzflag/src/bzflag/ (5 files): * added mumble positioning support
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan »

I may also add mumble "auto-connecting" so that you can be connected
to a specific mumble channel when you join a bzfs server (and possibly
the same for Hub channels). BZFS servers could setup different mumble
channels for different teams to avoid cross talk...