Bloodbath permissions

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
{AGUT}DeadMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bloodbath permissions

Post by {AGUT}DeadMan »

Hello All,

I'd been meaning to set up a server, mainly so my kids wouldn't annoy players on popular servers and I thought I had found the map for them. Its name is Bloodbath. I made a private server and all went well so I advertised on the list server. Response was fast with 10-15 players joining in the first few minutes. All seemed well until Abominable informed me that there was some kind of restriction on hosting this map and I would have to obtain permission from r3lax (the author of the map) to host it. Does anyone know how I might contact him? Thanks in advance for any help.

DeadMan
loyalty above all, save honor
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Bloodbath permissions

Post by Bambino »

Send him a PM on these forums. 'R3laX'
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
{AGUT}DeadMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by {AGUT}DeadMan »

Thanks
loyalty above all, save honor
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I was just on BloodBath and it looks like you have an old version of it, it looks pretty cool.
I would recommend getting some admin groups for the server if you plan on keeping it up for long, who know, a cheater or someone bad could ruin the play for everyone.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Bambino wrote:I would recommend getting some admin groups for the server if you plan on keeping it up for long, who know, a cheater or someone bad could ruin the play for everyone.
And I would recommend being VERY careful with who you let police your server.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I would PM R3laX again and ask what group(s) were used for the old Bloodbath server. Just a tip; noob admins can destroy a map and players won't want to come back.
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

Bambino wrote:I would recommend getting some admin groups for the server if you plan on keeping it up for long, who know, a cheater or someone bad could ruin the play for everyone.
I AGREE TO BAMBINO! also, send him a pm to find him. BY THE WAY....GREAT SERVER!!!!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Mudsquisher wrote:also, send him a pm to find him.
Please don't, unless it's for a good reason.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

For one, you might want to make sure the lag is acceptable, private home connections are almost always insufficient for running a BZFlag a server that players from around the world will be able to enjoy. Most server owners have access to dedicated servers and run the BZFS from there.
For another, if you're planning on keeping your server up for a while, I recommend you take the time to make your own administration team. As Spazzy pointed out, you should be very careful who you chose, as adding random admins will lead to a bad reputation of the server.
Bambino wrote:I would PM R3laX again and ask what group(s) were used for the old Bloodbath server.
I wouldn't. The original Bloodbath admin group was rather immature, to say the least.