Moving the team flag

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Kasofa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Moving the team flag

Post by Kasofa1 »

so, what do you think when someone starts moving the flag around, trying to confuse the opposing time or just for fun. I personally find it quite annoying. I was once playing and the guy moving the flag was tk-ing me so he could move it. So, is it a tactic, or is it not? Opinions please.

-K
I can get a positive score; I just choose not to.
applecake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Moving the team flag

Post by applecake »

Yeah, can be avery annoying if someone puts your flag in a bad position, and always move it there even if you move it back, and tell them to leave it..

Hmm.. Is there really many opinions on this topic? I find the answer obvious.

But what do you mean, "is it a tactic or not"?
Yeah, it can be smart to move the flag around, but not to bad positions, e.g. in front of a pyramid..
And not if your teammates doesn't know how to use the radar.. :D
-Ehm.. Mr president, you got applecake in ur eye!
-Well..I see that..
=====================================
And now some advertising:
http://type-your-name-here.deviantart.com/gallery/ My Deviantart!
http://action.cubers.net/ Another fun and free game
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by die muszx double »

Hmmm. Tough one. It is kind of a tactic, but it can be very annoying, especially when a n00b puts it in a teleporter of a pyramid...So here is my verdict: If you're good at it, its a tactic. If your not, then it is VERY annoying.
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

It just makes me nervous when people do that.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

Well, if he was tking, that's bad, tactic or not. It wouldn't really confuse the other team much, as they have an arrow on their HUD pointing to it at all times. Of course, if they know what they're doing and they're moving it to the right place then that's good. Check to see if they're high on the scoreboard (although that doesn't guarentee it obviously). Also on most ctf maps its a good idea to move the flag off your base to some more easily guarded spot after you get capped. I guess there's really not much you can do about it, and it really shouldn't be a problem. If he's taking it towards the enemy base, then you should tell an admin, the enemy team, or as a last resort kill him.
scorchgeek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorchgeek »

It's definitely a tactic, but it can certainly be pretty annoying. TKing to move or get any flag is completely unacceptable. I don't move the flag unless someone's clearly going to get it if I don't (e.g. halfway across the map, next to teleporter, right where another player is going to take it). If someone keeps moving it away, then I would just forget about it unless it ends up in a very dangerous place. Obviously, if someone on your team keeps taking it somewhere and then they get killed and enemy takes it, it's time to do something about it...
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

just let them be.. if they dont learn a lesson in a number of days then tell them how to place the flag