Switch radarsize/opacity

Discussion for GU League Players
Xell
Private First Class
Private First Class

Switch radarsize/opacity

Post by Xell »

Sometimes, when I watch a match, I switch to window mode. The problem is that the huge radar makes it impossible to read more than the first 5 players in the list, due to the small window and the unchanged font size. Does anyone know a way to easily switch between huge radar + full opacity and small radar + little opacity? I'm hoping one of you already found some kind of a workaround. Changing the settings ingame every time can be annoying.

Xell
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Switch radarsize/opacity

Post by dexter »

If you set your score board font size to auto, I think it will adjust and switch to a smaller font size automatically when you go into window mode. Not 100% sure I understand your problem, though. Do you usually have max radar and max opacity? If you just want to check the player list quickly, you can toggle radar/console quickly.. right?
rabbit
Private
Private

Post by rabbit »

one possible option is to edit your config to switch back and forth e.g.

bind 8 down "set radarsize 5"
bind 9 down "set radarsize 20"
bind 0 down "set panelopacity 1"
bind - down "set panelopacity .30000"

or you could put "8" instead of "0" and "9" instead of "-" and just have 8 and 9 change between the two.

edit: I couldn't get it to work. you can only bind one function to a key, and it didn't seem to want to change settings with a keypress, I'll play with it more later- maybe my values weren't valid?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Some settings can only be properly changed from the options menus as they are more than just a variable change (i.e. they also call a function to make the change take effect).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

blast wrote:Some settings can only be properly changed from the options menus as they are more than just a variable change (i.e. they also call a function to make the change take effect).
any possibility for mousebox size change on the fly?
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

The Red Baron wrote:
blast wrote:Some settings can only be properly changed from the options menus as they are more than just a variable change (i.e. they also call a function to make the change take effect).
any possibility for mousebox size change on the fly?
I have wanted the same thing. I've tried:

/localset MouseBoxSize <number>

bind W down "set mouseboxsize 10"
bind Q down "set mouseboxsize -5"

It works with this:

bind A down "set linedradarshots 65"
bind D down "set linedradarshots 10"

So I don't know why it doesn't work fr a mouse box switcher.

You an also use this patch that Carnage made (IIRC), it's a bit finniky, but it works great.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=303248

Note: I do not use that client anymore now that I have a faster mouse. I don't know if it's accepted in the GU league.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

fwiw, you can use "toggle" to map those into one button.

So instead of:

Code: Select all

bind A down "set linedradarshots 65"
bind D down "set linedradarshots 10"
You can use:

Code: Select all

bind A down "toggle linedradarshots 10 65"
(yes, I know, kinda off topic, but kinda on topic at the same time)
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

Bambino wrote:So I don't know why it doesn't work fr a mouse box switcher.
See blast's post, it explains why.
Bambino wrote:You an also use this patch that Carnage made (IIRC), it's a bit finniky, but it works great.
Note: I do not use that client anymore now that I have a faster mouse. I don't know if it's accepted in the GU league.
Gu leauge does not allow this type of modification. Please re-read the whitelist in one of the stickies:
Whitelist wrote:Only client patches are allowed that are explicitly allowed by the GU admin staff. Generally we allow no modification to the BZFlag code.
A modified client results in a permanent ban.
If there is any unclarity in the whitelist or our rules, ask. Not having read the GU league rules will not protect you from being banned. So if you haven't read it, i highly recommend doing so.
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who