old player thoughts on new players

Discussion for GU League Players
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

old player thoughts on new players

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

howdy folks,

i'm an old tanker who plays anywhere and everywhere, this includes those weird servers with little to no admin control. this translates to verbal abuse quite often as you imagine.

however playing under aliases as often as i do, where i continue to encounter a good handful of players from the GU league who behave in ways that i would love to correct in real life, if ever given the opportunity.

that said, i hope that that team leaders emphasize good sportsmanship among their team mates, on and off gu servers.

good day and see you in a few years.
-sm
oi!
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: old player thoughts on new players

Post by Carnage »

sn0w_m0nkey wrote:
good day and see you in a few years.

nooooo!!! its been fun old timer, cu in a few years.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

It's a sad commentary that regular players behave in such a way as to drive away a nice, mature acting tank.
I will miss you, snow monkey. I liked shooting your tank and chatting. ;)

Shame on the culprit tanks....I hope I don't find out who you are!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Nooooo! *sobs* You must come back. There is still hope! :-(

Been lotsa fun...hope to see you again...
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

There are argumentative, impulsive, rude, and otherwise unpleasant players within and without the league. The league administrators require good sportsmanship, and while there are many members that model good behavior for other members, the administrators have limited control over members' politeness, particularly on non-league servers. Consequently, while I completely agree with you, and I have had many disappointing experiences on poorly supervised or unsupervised servers, I think that players, particularly when playing on un-supervised servers, need to have a "thick skin."

This topic has been raised many times, and Constitution responded, on one occasion, with very sound advice, in my opinion, to avoid poorly supervised servers. I expect that you will agree that a server where Lady K, Kierra, et al are present as administrators will be free of player abuse.

BTW, if I did anything really bad while you were playing, please accept my apology. :oops: (I am just kidding, I hope.) :D
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Well, this gives all of us a chance to pay attention to how we're treating other players. It can literally drive some really cool people off with nonsense, poor sportsmanship, and rudeness.
Starski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Starski »

i actually like what snow monkey said ive ben playing for about a year and 7 months not very long and since im posting here hope im not considered annoying :) i just try to drown myself in mature players new players are annoying now-a-days though..
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"
-Gandhi

FKA Danji

Bad Company -> http://www.guleague.org/Teams/?profile=1001
sn0w_m0nkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sn0w_m0nkey »

Sorry for confusion on my comment about "see you in a few years", as I meant that in regards to posting on this forum. I'm still around and have much respect for those of you that have always been a class act.

I received communication on my commentary pointing out that many players exhibiting negative behaviors are due to age as a common denominator. None the less, bad experiences certainly impact bzflag fun and overall its our community that suffers when player conduct is unchecked.
Respects,
-sm
oi!