Taijitu

User made maps to use on servers.
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Taijitu

Post by flying_popcorn »

Play it at bzbattleground.com:9123. (If it is no longer there, it will be located both on my mapchange server, port 9250, and on my website's bzflag page.)

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

This map is a 2 team CTF, with no jumping, ricochet, and three shots. The design is based on the "Yin and Yang" symbol -- The map boundary is a circle with an S-shaped wall splitting the map in half. On each side is a team base, several boxes and pyramids. Each half of the map also includes three methods for getting to the opposite side of the map. There is a simple teleporter, followed by a bouncer. In front of the teleporter is an entrance to a circular conveyor belt that spins you around the outer boundary of the map. The most complicated part of the map is the bouncer system because many invisible boxes and one-way walls/ceilings are required to make sure players [usually] land in the right location. There are three flags on the map (excluding team flags), each with a shot limit of three. There is an OO flag which makes it easy to traverse the map, but the inability to carry a team flag through the wall makes it less useful. There is one SB flag which both counters OO and can be used to prevent someone across the map from capturing a team flag. The one ST flag makes SB slightly less powerful.
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Taijitu

Post by zaphod »

fabulous!!! very clever and creative map!!!

gentle giant
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gentle giant »

That is the most creative thinking of flags ive ever thoguht of before. The perfect amount with flags that cancel each other out. Its almost rock-paper-scissors :wink:
My motives from an awesome teacher:

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail"
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

looks good from the screenshot :)

Hopefully this gonna play as good as it looks.
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

its called Ying Yang not Taijitu :D

besides good map fp. its fun.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

allejo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taijitu

This looks like it'd be very fun to play! I like how you "elongated" the world with the teleporters.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Nice map, like the multiple ways to get over/across.

Lemme just edit that wiki article so he's right... :P
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying_popcorn »

fabulous!!! very clever and creative map!!!
looks good
good map fp. its fun
...etc.
That is the most creative thinking of flags ive ever thoguht of before. The perfect amount with flags that cancel each other out. Its almost rock-paper-scissors :wink:
Heh, I was thinking it was like rock-paper-scissors while writing the description. Though I can't take credit for the flag setup -- someone else ('adameros', I think) suggested that I add SB to prevent teleporter camping, ST to balance SB, and OO to cross the map without a team flag. I liked the idea :)
its called Ying Yang not Taijitu
I think it's Yin-Yang or Yin and Yang (not Ying). Anyway, I didn't really care for the name Yin-Yang, so I looked for something else I could call it. As far as I know, Yin-Yang refers to the concept, whereas Taijitu refers to the diagram this map is based on. Besides, Taijitu sounds cooler in my opinion.
The principle of yin and yang is represented in Taoism by the Taijitu (literally "diagram of the supreme ultimate") diagram. The term is commonly used to mean the simple 'divided circle' form, but may refer to any of several schematic diagrams representing these principles.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

lol me1 ur right i didnt know that. :D
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

well, after some times playing on that map, i only have one thing to critice about it :)

Mabey change the position to get in the outside speed ring, or increase the speed the outer speedring has. Because it is way more deadly to go throw the speedring (and slower) then going throw the teleporter
Marzipan

Legalize it!

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

well, after some times playing on that map, i only have one thing to critice about it :)

Mabey change the position to get in the outside speed ring, or increase the speed the outer speedring has. Because it is way more deadly to go throw the speedring (and slower) then going throw the teleporter
Marzipan

Legalize it!

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying_popcorn »

Marzipan: I've made a few modifications to the speed ring. First, the speed is increased and the entrance is moved back more. The bump-boxes for getting onto the speed ring have been raised. This causes shots to ricochet off of it when shot in from outside. The box is low enough that tanks riding the ring can shoot over it, but high enough so that tanks on top of it cannot shoot tanks below it. This means that you have to actually be in the ring to shoot other tanks in the ring. Also, there are two small drivethrough pyramids in the ring, preventing shots from going too far. Hopefully this will improve it.