tele pass hax

Discussion for GU League Players
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: tele pass hax

Post by Carnage »

Saturos wrote:You can download the recordings and watch/capture them on a local server.
that involves additional work, time, and effort that i dont have.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Carnage wrote:
Saturos wrote:You can download the recordings and watch/capture them on a local server.
But you expect us to change the group permissions of all replay servers, just for you to capture videos? Right. I think that involves additional work, time and effort that we dont have. :book:
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Carnage »

Saturos wrote:
Carnage wrote:
But you expect us to change the group permissions of all replay servers, just for you to capture videos? Right. I think that involves additional work, time and effort that we dont have. :book:
I never said i expected anyone too do anything, i was simply saying that if i did make other videos for the gu community, other players, that i would only do so if i had the permissions to run replay commands.
Carnage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Carnage »

new video up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2jseGnr6PA

called Sides BZflag GU i hope most new players check it out, lots of info hope you enjoy.
trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan »

Flags will merrily sit on top of default teleporters in bzflag 3.0
(read: no passing). They are now represented as meshes in the
code.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

trepan wrote:Flags will merrily sit on top of default teleporters in bzflag 3.0
(read: no passing). They are now represented as meshes in the
code.
But that can be changed by some variable? Or will it not be possible to use the tele's for passes anymore?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Just sit a pyramid on top of the teleporter.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

And how is that supposed to work? As you know, you 'stick' to the pyras, what would the skill be from passing there then. It takes a lot of practice and timing to pass form that tele.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

if it was a very very very very subtle pyra in height and fitted exactly on top of the pyra then it shouldnt be much problem. a jump woul just need to take you past the centre point of the pyra
trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan »

hint: drivethrough objects are not valid flag drop positions
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

trepan: All I want to know, is this: will it be possible to send flags to a certain position from the teleporters in 3.0? With some kind of setting of course, as you already mentioned the default did not allow that.
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

I think hes saying add a shot through, but not drivethrough pyr on top of the teles, make it super short, like 0.01 height maybe and make it clear, no one would notice it, it would affect the flags, and its too short to really do anything to bullets.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

No... Make it drivethrough, but NOT shootthrough.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

opps, thats what i meant, i got the things backwards, those two always make me have to stop and thing which is which. Ya, I meant a pyr that bullets hit but tanks cant land on.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Or leave it like it is, so that flags can be dropped on top of pyrs to hide them there. There are plenty more pass positions nearby.
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

hmmmm the bottom tele passes wouldnt work with the pyr on top of the tele so it still wouldnt be exactly the same. As for the dont change it thing, const, i can see both sides to that, I personally think not changing it would cause a bigger change than changing it, and i think it would hurt game play.
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

Change is not always a bad thing. If the tele pass feature/bug wasn't there in the first place, nobody would miss it. And it's great that the devs continue develop the game and change it.
But I agree that taking away map possibilities limits the many dimensions the game had. A lot of time spend on perfecting moves down the drain. But I am sure a 3.0 hosted hix map will give other artifacts to explore the 2.0 version of bzflag didn't have.

On the other hand, I am not really sure the teleporter pass feature had to be classified as a bug. In the same way it could have been defined as being "by design".
With the many new objects defined (the drive through pyra obstacle) however 3.0 does provide the possibility to add the teleporter pass feature as an explicit defined map feature.
Isnt it possible to lay down a drive through obstacle also on the base of the teleporter? Though that could make passing to simple.
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

Foo wrote:Though that could make passing to simple.
Well, auto pass is easy to implement thus for some people there may be no difference…

I am for not modding the map.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

putting a pyr on the ground to make the below tele passes work would make it too easy, all yoou'd have to do is release the flag under the tele and it would pass. If the dev's could add a line to the code used to put a tele in maps that makes teles act like they did in 2.0, that would make all the tele passes work like they currently do, but I doubt that would happen, just not practical, because we would be the only ones who used that code probably.
Last edited by Mopar Madness on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

All you have to do is add a drivethrough, but not shootthrough pyramid, with a height of 0, and make it invisible...not hard.
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

that doesnt fix the tele hax pass or the under tele jump pass, that would only work on the above tele pass.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

Could it work with a plugin? Or something like that? I think its better to let the porter code same as it is, or to add an option or something like that.
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!