Team See Stealth?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team See Stealth?

Post by Bambino »

What if you could see the St'ed players if you're on their team? I mean I slight or rapid blink for just the team you're on. I would think it would cut down on the "I shoot SB into pyramid and hit a ST'ed teammate."
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
macsforme
General
General

Re: Team See Stealth?

Post by macsforme »

Flags should have shortfalls as well as benefits... it helps counterbalance the game. The problem with ST is your teammates can't see you either... the problem with IB is your teammates can't see your shots... the problem with GM is that you can lock onto teammates and kill them. If these were taken out, these flags will become a lot more powerful and difficult to defend against.
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by die muszx double »

Just one thing Constitution. How come when I play BZflag I can see IB?
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

IB only affects the radar.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

And you can see YOUR bullets on radar, IIRC. I personally don't like that flag, noobs don't use radar :P
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

But i can also see other peoples bullets on the radar and on the map! Oh, and i think its not a very good flag, possibly the worst of all superflags.
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

die muszx double wrote:But i can also see other peoples bullets on the radar and on the map! Oh, and i think its not a very good flag, possibly the worst of all superflags.
Because they don't have invisible bullet...
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bambino wrote:
die muszx double wrote:But i can also see other peoples bullets on the radar and on the map! Oh, and i think its not a very good flag, possibly the worst of all superflags.
Because they don't have invisible bullet...
No, they do have invisible bullet (I press i to identify the tank), and i can see it on the radar.
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Then you have a nice radar. =/
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you have Seer you can see IB.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

Yes, I know. But I dont have seer....

My radar settings are: Radar Style: Fast, Radar and Panel Opacity: Lowest, Coloured shots on radar: on, Radar shot length: Max, Radar line: leading, Radar shot size: [---0-------], Radar and
Panel size: [-----0-------------------------].

:shock:
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

die muszx double: There are two possibilities then:
1) You are mistaken, and that person didn't have IB. ('i' to identify doesn't always id the tank you want it to)
2) You cheat. I don't think you do.

maybe, just maybe
3) You are experiencing a bug no one else has experienced, despite using a wildly used/tested version of BZFlag. (probably not)
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well, I am NOT cheating, and i tested out the "he/she doesn't have IB theary on my brother, and he had IB. The result? I could still his bullets (on the radar and map). Your best bet is probably No.3 :lol-old: Also this was on a local server which i started then shut down....
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Flag ID: IB- Invisible Bullet

Description*:
Shots are invisible on radar (except your own). They are visible out-the-window. Sort of stealth for shots.

*Description is based on that given by the wiki under the Flag List section.

From my understanding, I would ask how this is a good flag...If it makes all shots invisible, that is a down-side to your playing and an advantage for others. Unless I misunderstand the concept, this should be a bad flag :p
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

if you have ib, and shoot at someone who doesn't have the seer flag, they cannot see your shots on their radar. But they can still see other peoples shots as long as they do not have the ib flag also.

and as others have stated, even though you have ib, you can see your own shots on radar.

I do consider it to be a good flag - especially against the experienced players who are using radar most of the time.

My vote is for #3 for die muszx double's issue. something isn't right there.
die muszx double
Private First Class
Private First Class

It is a strange thing... I tested out my theory again on my brother. Same result, I could see his bullets. Definitely No.3....
My apple mac is natural

die muszx double
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

die muszx double: I just tested your claim by with two clients running on a local server. I set up my client with the exact settings you provided, and IB worked as it should have - the shots were invisible on the radar.

Perhaps you should post some screenshots of what you're doing? I'm unable to recreate the 'bug', but it obviously is quite a serious bug if it exists.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

I don't know, I'd prolly put SR at #1 most useless flag, you have to be so close to another tank for it to work, and its just not possible to get that close to the other tank, the only people you have a chance to kill with this flag is teammates, I really believe SR should be considered a bad flag.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You're just using the SR flag wrong. ;) It happens to be one of my favorite flags. I love that "crunch" noise.

Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I like to sit in a tele and just destroy people. SR would be the best flag for GU, when you're jumping into a tank and BLAM! kill 'em :)
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

Bambino wrote:What if you could see the St'ed players if you're on their team? I mean I slight or rapid blink for just the team you're on. I would think it would cut down on the "I shoot SB into pyramid and hit a ST'ed teammate."
I think this would be a better advantage to have if say you picked up the other teams flag in ctf, which would let your team see tanks with cloak and st, at least that way there'd be another advantage to going for the other teams flag, although disadvantage would probably going right next to the other teams base to capture it :P.
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
Bippwatt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bippwatt »

I don't know, I'd prolly put SR at #1 most useless flag, you have to be so close to another tank for it to work, and its just not possible to get that close to the other tank, the only people you have a chance to kill with this flag is teammates, I really believe SR should be considered a bad flag.
I'm not sure here, but I think the useless flag beats SR, hands down. :mrgreen: :lol-old:
On topic: I think stealthed teammates should be seen...as long as said teammate wad in your vision cone that shows on your radar. Maybe that's a good compromise.
Pure Rage is only useful when you have the Useless flag.

Death is just one more way for Life to be a real jerk.

I would feel sorry for you, but the sound of my 500+ score is just too distracting.

Tanks. We made them so we wouldn't have put ourselves in needless danger...so what do we do? We make things that blow tanks up as easy as killing any infantry fool. We did that with jets too...and bows, and catapults and.....is anyone seeing a pattern? I am.