Pyramid Tking

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
Kasofa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pyramid Tking

Post by Kasofa1 »

So, I was in Tricolor, I had SB and I was hiding inside a pyramid, doing pretty well, and then one of my teammates comes into the pyr, just as I was firing. It counted as a tk and the guy got really angry at me, as well as me at him. So, what I want to know is, if someone gets shot because he was right on top of a teammate and the teammate shoots, who's to blame?

-K
I can get a positive score; I just choose not to.
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Pyramid Tking

Post by tobylane »

Neither, it's a LAN game with humans on the internet. I'd expect even smart enough bots (to jump, use pyrs, etc) on LAN/same computer to do this before they write Shakespeare.

I don't even say np when someone tks me, I wish it to be the assumed.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Both. He's an idiot being so close to someone shooting, so he could have moved, and you could have switched to a different pyramid.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Kasofa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kasofa1 »

Both. He's an idiot being so close to someone shooting, so he could have moved, and you could have switched to a different pyramid.
Yes, I agree Bambino, but, because I was paying attention to what was in front of me, and not the radar, I did not know that he was coming. So yes, my fault for not looking, but also his for getting in the way?

-K
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Basically, if someone is in a small pyramid like that, identify on them and send them a PM, or /msg <player> GET OUTTA DA PYR DUDE
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
snick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by snick »

Kasofa1 wrote:So, I was in Tricolor, I had SB and I was hiding inside a pyramid, doing pretty well, and then one of my teammates comes into the pyr, just as I was firing. It counted as a tk and the guy got really angry at me, as well as me at him. So, what I want to know is, if someone gets shot because he was right on top of a teammate and the teammate shoots, who's to blame?

-K
Generally speaking, standing in front of a loaded gun is not sensible :)
Kasofa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kasofa1 »

I was shooting as he came in, so I had no time to tell him, it was, I was shooting and didn't see him on the minimap, thus I didn't know until I shot him and he was shouting at me.

-K
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

The person at fault is the designer of Tricolor, obviously. That pyramid didn't place itself! ;)

Sorry for the cliché, but it's just a game. Teamkills happen. When they are intentional it is not okay, but when it is an accident, no one is "at fault," and no one should get angry at the other person. Maybe frustrated because they lost their spree, but not angry at the other player.

Although in this situation, the other player is really silly for getting angry at you, because he drove into your shots. ;)
Kasofa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kasofa1 »

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, but then he went on to flame me for a while. Very annoying.

-K