Phantom Zone tweak

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Phantom Zone tweak

Post by Bambino »

I was thinking about having a small tweak for the Phantom Zone flag. When you see the player name

Bambino/PH

Why not add a /zoned to the end of it when the player is zoned, that way, you don't have to look at the tank to tell if it's zoned.

Bambino/PH/zoned

Thoughts?
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Phantom Zone tweak

Post by Monster »

Well not being sure wether the other one is able to shoot you right now or not, is part of the flag, right?
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Personally, I dont understand the Real meaning of PZ. I agree with Bam, good idea.
The question is How many maps use the PZ flag?
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

I actually think this would detract from the flag. It's pretty limited now and generally a throw-away flag - but sometimes you can get a good kill with it. I like to get zoned and shoot at regular tanks for a couple minutes like a fool - then quietly as I can get unzoned, but don't drop the flag - so the target is a bit off guard. So much fun!
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

As temp described, players have their strategies for PZ drawn out. But as we both stated, it isnt really seen anymore. Heres my question: "Is it worth tweaking a flag that isnt abundantly used?"
the only map I know that still holds this flag is the Planet Mofo map, which maybe this could come in handy. It depends on the player and situation.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

LittleLep wrote: Heres my question: "Is it worth tweaking a flag that isnt abundantly used?"
the only map I know that still holds this flag is the Planet Mofo map
Also, Two Castles by Viper, Fox Burrow, badgerking... see what I'm getting at? Some of the most popular maps on the list server!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Ok Bam you answered that question, therefore you have a good point. But what percentage of players do you think holds onto this flag? My estimate would be less than 30% hold and use this flag.

ll
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

It's part of the charm/use/sneak of it, that you don't know without seeing them.
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hutty »

The PZ flag can also be used in capture the flag servers, where you get your self zoned and peacefull waltz a cross the battle field of chaos and then become unzoned near the enemy's flag.

too bad missile wars dosn't have it.
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water