2 tanks- now double the fun! check this out! :)

Previews and comments on future maps.
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

2 tanks- now double the fun! check this out! :)

Post by Mudsquisher »

With the idea from Grumpy Smurf and help from temporal distraction and many other fans of two tanks, soon will be 4 TANKS!!!! I will be generating the map with help from the pros. This map will be a copy of 2 tanks but with 2 extra tanks and more features and flags to get around! It will be better than ever. There will be lasers-there will be capture the flag and there will be chaos! This should be the best sequal map that has ever been made!

I will try to put up 2 maps of wich have 3 tanks and 4 tanks as a test to see wich one gets more popular. Here you can tell everyone what you would like to see and your opinion on this creation. Please write back! I estimate it taking a couple of weeks for it to be generated and up due to the amount of tests and adjusments that will need to be played in. If you want to play on this map and think it will be lots of fun, please tell us!!! Also, if you would like to help with the creation or any cool ideas that you think should be in it, please tell! I should have screenshots up in a while to see a preview. Look out on the forums and bzflag to get more information on this new creation!
blast
General
General

Re: 2 tanks- now double the fun! check this out! :)

Post by blast »

Why post when you don't even have it started? I think you need a blog.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

Actually, i have it started. Just a few more edits and tests till i can get some screenshots. (hoping thats all).
v-power
Private
Private

Post by v-power »

the idea of 2 extra tanks is awesome let me know when its done
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

Hum. What are you planning to do concerning cannons? It's not like you want to only be able to get to one teams tank from yours as I'm sure you've thought of.
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

To make things clear. Guys, i do understand that it will take work and that i need to make some new things. This is where you guys can tell me what you would like to see. I CAN do this, if you dont believe i am capable, well then you will have to wait and be prooven. Please give me the chance. I have also pmed the creators and have double checked to see if i have full permission. Thanks.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

Wreckage wrote:Hum. What are you planning to do concerning cannons? It's not like you want to only be able to get to one teams tank from yours as I'm sure you've thought of.
hmm, wreckage has a very good point. lets say i want to get to a certain teams base. how am i going to do this with only one cannon. i think you might have to perfect this idea a little bit more mud.
vpower 1 wrote: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :arrow: :rip:
and im starting to agree with vpower 1.
Grumpy Smurf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Grumpy Smurf »

Thats easy-- as I am the brain child behind the map I have all of the answers.
Since we can't make a moving turret, we will install bouncy pads to choose to jump to the other tanks.

I know a lot of you like to hate on Muddy but please give the dude a chance! This can be a great map which all of you will likely play. You have my full support Muddy -- lets all band together and make something sweet.

Peace!
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

I understand that i will need to add new transportaion ways. I was even going to add 3 cannons and color cord them to wich base they would go to. And when i said "I will be generating the map with help from the pros." thts including grumpy. :)
Grumpy Smurf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Grumpy Smurf »

I guess we could do multiple turrets also -- maybe that'll be better for the sake os sniping jumpers out of the barrels.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Oh this will be fun to watch this progress...

Now, I think I'll go watch paint dry, or some grass grow.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Murielle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Murielle »

Hi !
hummm... a 4 tanks ? why not ...
Ok Mud, do it and prove us you can do it. Btw I guess it would be a lot of work ... I am sure you can do it and I wait for it ... maybe it would make me come back at 2tanks ?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I will be a doubter here... I don't think the map will scale well at all. You will have your work cut out for you and I think you will be disappointed with the results.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Crallion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Crallion »

Would it be scaled by 2 for both the length and the width? Or just the width? Are the tanks going to be two across? It would probably be good to draw us an arial view so that we can know what your talking about.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

To err is human. To really foul up requires the root password.
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

The tanks will be the same thing as scale but will be replaced to side around the place where the gm towers are. I will move the gm towers inbetween each tank. I am also thinking of a high speed pad across the map as it is now but would connect to each tank. If i can get some sort of drawing or anyting, i will do my best and post it.

Please, all i ask of you is to believe that i can do it. Iv learned much and done my research. I also have help from many people who know a lot. I do have other resources too.

Keep checking the forums and this topic to get more information on this creation! Thanks for the support! :D
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Why don't you post some screen shots of the "map" that might work.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

OK, i will get screenshots when more is completed. You will see something! But as of right now....i need a little help, something little...........
Last edited by Mudsquisher on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Mudsquisher wrote:You will see something!
I see nothing.
Mudsquisher wrote:But as of right now....i need a little help...
Don't bite off more than you can chew.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Mudsquisher wrote:OK, i will get screenshots when more is completed. You will see something! But as of right now....i need a little help, something little...
Sure anyone could put it together, there is nothing terribly complicated with that map. It will be mostly making some groups (if they are not already there) and positioning and rotating them. The real trick will be to make it playable... GOOD LUCK, you are going to need it.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

Well i do not only need to rotate it, but first need to double check everything on the tank, to make sure im rotating the tank boxes but also need to change things so tht the tanks can fit there. Like jeovano said, i need to make it playable. And this does take time though.
Murielle
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Murielle »

People....
A few of you know I am not a fan of Mudsquisher
But give him a try

1) If he could do this map, then it will be an enrichment for the BZ community
2) If he couldnt do it, at least we have a new idea of map and maybe someone else will try to do it :book: .

And do not forget that he is freely contributing (I love FREE :) ... and other expensive stuff btw.... :oops: )
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

Another problem is that with more tanks nothing on the upper sides of base will be at all safe.

And make the rolling platform still useful for more than the nearest tank clockwise. And make the GM tower not too near, but still jumponable. But yeah, next time please bite, chew, swallow, then post (as Bambino said).
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mudsquisher »

tobylane wrote: But yeah, next time please bite, chew, swallow, then post (as Bambino said).
Guys, i know what i got into, i know what i can take, and i know how hard this will be. I am almost done with the first tank. If i can, should get screenshots by the next week or so....hoping atleast.
Crallion
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Crallion »

almost done with the first tank??? Aren't you saying that the map the map will be asymmetrical? That would mean that you flip them and reverse the positions, which would take five sec. In other words, why would only one tank be done at a time?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

To err is human. To really foul up requires the root password.
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

Mud, how close to THIS:
is your map gonna look?
(note, this is only a prefab map, made JUST to make this picture)
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!