Sound travelling with jumper from jump spot

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
AD Epoch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sound travelling with jumper from jump spot

Post by AD Epoch »

Hi All, here's one I have noticed that I think might be a bug with the game, not the map I was playing.

When in Missile Wars 2.3 I jump from one of the corner jumpers I have noticed that there is a problem with the sound. As you may know you spend a lot of time in the air when you are jumping on the map. If someone is follow behind me into the jump room, and I jump before they can shoot me I find myself in the air a long way away from the jumper very soon. However the sounds from the jump room are still heard with the same volume as if I was in it, all the time untill I land at the end of my jump. It's almost as if while jumping sound isn't relative to my position in the air, but rather relative to where I jumped from, until I land. As though sound is only relevent to a tank on the ground. I think this may be a programming bug in the game, not a map bug. But test me out I may be wrong.
Shalom BahShem
Yehoshua, Meshiakh
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Sound travelling with jumper from jump spot

Post by hutty »

This may look like a bug, but it is most likely a programing shortcut just because ambient sounds may be easier to make than others. But I might be wrong, I haven't had time to actually start programing for BZF 3. Just a theory :? :turtle:
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water