home connection

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Mudsquisher
Private First Class
Private First Class

home connection

Post by Mudsquisher »

How do you make a server using your home connection. Please help me. And do not just say, use the wiki. I have read everything. I need help starting. How do i make ports. And how do i do this for no cost of money? I know it is possible, johnnyk154 did it. PLease help me. thanks
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: home connection

Post by Bambino »

You must have missed something, like this.

Understand it, read it, and get your dad to help you.
You need to have some technical skills in order to open ports, allow the list server through your firewall, etc. The link above is very helpful.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

my best suggestion, read the wiki (again and again)

you need to have at least some understanding of yor computer and know how to open ports on your router.

asking johnnyk would help you alot.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Probably better not to annoy Johnnyk154 with questions like "How do I make ports?". Questions like that show that you have absolutely no knowledge of networking and therefore should not even be attempting to host a server. We are not here to teach you how to use your computer and network equipment. But I hear that this thing called "google" lets you run searches on different keywords (like "port forwarding" and "setting static IP" and "dynamic dns service"). You should go try it.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)