Wings3D-to-BZW Exporter Problem

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wings3D-to-BZW Exporter Problem

Post by OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN »

i made this map using wings ad i wanted to export it to text edit so i can add flags, rules, and bases. when i tried doing that it said denied. would someone tell me how to move an already .bzw from wings to text edit?
Gamma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Wings3D-to-BZW Exporter Problem

Post by Gamma »

It sounds like your just trying to text edit a .bzw map in notepad if I'm right?

Go to were you saved your map,
Right click,
Click "open with",
click notepad and press "open",

Hope that helped :D

...BZFlag Forever.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

The problem is not the wings-to-bzw exporter, what you want is bzw-to-obj conversion.
The answer is here... http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10226
from bzflag, use /saveworld -o fiename.obj
then import that file into wings.

Another neat trick for newbie mappers is to find your config.cfg file, and edit:
set showCoordinates 1
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

OpTiCaL_IlLoUsIoN wrote:i made this map using wings ad i wanted to export it to text edit so i can add flags, rules, and bases. when i tried doing that it said denied. would someone tell me how to move an already .bzw from wings to text edit?
Can you provide more detail? What said "denied"? Is there more to the error message? What steps did you go through to get the error? And so on...
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)