BZFlag IRC ~bzfrag command

External websites, for and about BZFlag
javawizard2539
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag IRC ~bzfrag command

Post by javawizard2539 »

I'm working on adding a "~bzfrag" command to my IRC bot. I've pulled some responses for the command from ibot, and added a few of my own (and some that others contributed). Does anyone have any suggestions for more responses? I'm ok with them being specific to a particular map or league.

For those of you that have no idea what the heck IRC is, or a "~bzfrag" command is, the gist of it is that I'm trying to collect a list of responses that a chatbot could say that would be humorously detrimental to the person they were said to. WHO is the name of the person that the message is being said to, and each message should be sent as if the chatbot's name were at the beginning (for example, "mybot blindsides javawizard2539 with an invisible bullet"). Look through the list of responses that I already have for examples.

Anyway, here's what I already have:

blindsides WHO with an invisible bullet
captures WHO's flag
decimates WHO the good old-fashioned hix way
destroys WHO with a guided missile
forces a Blindness flag on WHO, and then grabs a Stealth flag
fries WHO with a laser
genos WHO and watches with glee as WHO's teammates pollban him off the server for genobaiting
grabs the Cloaking flag and laughs as WHO bombards him with lasers and then accuses him of cheating
kills WHO with a shot from his BZTank
laserspams WHO's base until WHO gets fed up and leaves
makes WHO feel the effects of a shockwave
skewers WHO with a superbullet
spawnkills WHO after WHO's team flag got captured
squishes WHO with a steamroller
tries to shoot WHO, but WHO finds the shield flag

Anyone have any suggestions for more?
Alexander Boyd
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: BZFlag IRC ~bzfrag command

Post by Spazzy McGee »

It would be useful for administration to have the bot announce when a report is filed, when a /poll is called, if a /poll wins or not, and when /password attempts are made.

Lots of server admins hang out on their IRC channel and wait for people to find them to deal with cheaters and the like = so this might speed up the process somewhat.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

I don't think this is connected to a BZFlag server. My impression is it is just an IRC bot with a ~bzfrag command for fun.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Oh hang on... heh - that's what you get for skim reading a post early on a saturday morning. It's just a bot that ~larts people?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
javawizard2539
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by javawizard2539 »

Spazzy McGee wrote:It's just a bot that ~larts people?
That's correct. It's pretty much exclusively for fun.

I do, however, have an entirely separate system I've been working on that can send notifications to IRC channels when events happen on a BZFlag server. Once I get it together as its own plugin, I'll post a download to it in the plugins section of the forum. If you want to see it in action, and you're connected to irc.freenode.net, join #bztraining, then connect to any of the bztraining.org bzflag servers and submit a report.
Alexander Boyd