Map files?

General talk about the map making process.
Bippwatt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Map files?

Post by Bippwatt »

Hey, all. I'm back. And with yet another map problem.

I have a bunch of .map files. Do they work with the current version of BZFlag, or do I need to do something first? Or do they not work at all?

Thanks,
Bippwatt.
Pure Rage is only useful when you have the Useless flag.

Death is just one more way for Life to be a real jerk.

I would feel sorry for you, but the sound of my 500+ score is just too distracting.

Tanks. We made them so we wouldn't have put ourselves in needless danger...so what do we do? We make things that blow tanks up as easy as killing any infantry fool. We did that with jets too...and bows, and catapults and.....is anyone seeing a pattern? I am.
joevano
General
General

Re: Downloaded maps won't work.

Post by joevano »

Bippwatt wrote:Hey, all. I'm back. And with yet another map problem.

I have a bunch of .map files. Do they work with the current version of BZFlag, or do I need to do something first? Or do they not work at all?

Thanks,
Bippwatt.
Are they bzflag maps? The extension really means nothing abut what is in the file. You would need to open them in a text editor and look at them. My guess is that they are not BZFlag maps unless you are the one that put the .map extension on them. The "proper" extension is ..bzw' .
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Map files?

Post by Spazzy McGee »

A lot of the bzflag world files from pre-2.0 were .map files. They're normally exactly the same as .bzw. Just change it yourself and see if it loads.

My guess is that this was before anybody had agreed on '.bzw' as a standard extension.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
blast
General
General

Re: Map files?

Post by blast »

Some of the really old maps might use radians instead of degrees for the angles of objects. BZEditWin32 can convert these. I also think it was BZEditWin32 that used to use .map as the default extension.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)