Unofficial After Install Help File

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unofficial After Install Help File

Post by InfraRed »

I made this file for my friend, who is like a little bro, who can't seem to figure out how to actually run the program after he installed it. I thought I would post this unofficial pdf for others to use, and comment on as well. What is missing that would help my little bro noob play me and show me those skills he got from years in the Air Force? Any constructive comments welcome! :)

I also sent it to him today, so we'll see if he can get on there and play! I make so many help files for the wierd Federal softwares I use, that I said what the heck, I'll make this one.
InfraRed
Attachments
AfterInstallBZFlag2.pdf
(176.54 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
EQ balanced with IQ, eliminates Sleepwalking through life.
InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Unofficial After Install Help File

Post by InfraRed »

Well, I already updated it to include types of games on the server and what the Help file visual looks like and information you can set in it. Hence reposting this pdf, as #3.
Attachments
AfterInstallBZFlag3.pdf
(193.59 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I don't see how this is any different than the existing Getting Started page that we have linked directly from the BZFlag.org site. I would recommend just improving the wiki page if you find anything that isn't covered.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by InfraRed »

The Getting Started link could really use some help, it didn't help him. Didn't know I had rights to edit it. Thanks for letting me know I could, cause I will. The pdf was a more personalized way to get him to understand how to get on and play, he is a non technie, so it was still worth it. I think it is useful in that way...to send to a friend who isn't on here yet..to invite them to join this most excellent open source game. Gives a taste to motivate them to get on, register, and actually view that link!