BZFlag Mobile over Remote Desktop

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
MonstaMash
Private
Private

BZFlag Mobile over Remote Desktop

Post by MonstaMash »

Here are 2 videos of BZFlag mobile, which I will release soon. Sorry for the bad quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpIq2btjNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG9P4ZW_tJ0
The description on the vids has more info.
Last edited by MonstaMash on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
blast
General
General

Re: BZFlag Mobile Demo Video

Post by blast »

BZFlag running over Remote Desktop is not a mobile version of BZFlag. Really sick of people that keep posting crap like this.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

MonstaMash
Private
Private

Re: BZFlag Mobile Demo Video

Post by MonstaMash »

But it is as close as it gets, for now and it works good. Really, the only extra thing it requires other than a phone is a computer with internet connection.

Sorry to be a bother :(
blast
General
General

Re: BZFlag Mobile over Remote Desktop

Post by blast »

No, it really don't work that good. If the terrible audio wasn't an indication, RDP wasn't designed for running games. When you do so, you lose any 3D acceleration, and thus the game will run in software rendering. In other words - slower. Then you have the overhead of sending bitmap data over the network to a mobile device, likely over wifi, which will lead to even slower than normal screen refreshes unless you decrease the color depth. And even then, it will still suck.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

War Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZFlag Mobile over Remote Desktop

Post by War Pig »

Not to mention the lag induced by all that will likely make the game unplayable for the mobile user, frustrating for the rest of the players, and a pita for the admins.
<life> <!-- insert something interesting here --> </life>