IUseThis listing for OS X version

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
cidentan50
Private First Class
Private First Class

IUseThis listing for OS X version

Post by cidentan50 »

Back when I still played BZFlag, I created a page for the Mac version on IUseThis.com, a popular site for finding Mac apps. That makes me the admin for its listing, but because I'm not playing it I'm not updating its listing either. I'd appreciate it if someone else would take that over for me, especially a developer or whoever handles listings for download sites. There should be a link on the page to claim ownership of the app.

PS- IUseThis now has listings for Windows apps too, so if someone would make a listing for the Windows version that would be good.
cidentan50
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: IUseThis listing for OS X version

Post by cidentan50 »

BulletCatcher on Freenode's #BZFlag IRC channel said he'd take it over temporarily until the devs get back. Currently I still have ownership, but once I get the approval email from IUseThis I will approve it and transfer ownership to him. Then a dev will have to claim ownership from BulletCatcher.

In case there are any issues with transfer of ownership from me to BulletCatcher or from him to a BZFlag dev, here are some links for contacting IUseThis: Contact page and FAQ. Also, my IUseThis profile if needed for some reason.

I won't be actively checking this thread for replies, but if everything works right I should receive email notification if there are any.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

I am a BZFlag developer so there shouldn't be a need for further transfers unless someone else really wants to be responsible for this. The transfer process is going slowly, but we hope to get it done soon. Thanks for your help, Macskeeball, and come back and visit us some time.
cidentan50
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cidentan50 »

Ok, good. I have manually emailed the people who run IUseThis to let them know that I approve the transfer in case the email never shows up in my inbox. If it does show up I will approve it in the normal, automated way. Yes, I am checking the Spam folder. if the email never shows, the IUseThis people will have the email I just sent them.

Edit: Interestingly enough, my Yahoo account received the email notification of your reply to this thread but still hasn't received the approval email from IUseThis. Still, given the email I sent them it shouldn't be an issue even if I never get the approval email.
cidentan50
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cidentan50 »

Well, the email never showed up, not even in my spam folder. Given my past experience, I suspect Yahoo mail is probably the culprit. I've set my IUseThis account to use my Gmail address, which should work without issue.

Try resending the claim of ownership. If it still doesn't work, it's most likely an IUseThis problem.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I notice the comments are rather disappointing... "fun game, but it's too easy to change a few lines in the source code and cheat", "Good for a laugh every now and then."
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

The ownership transfer has been completed. Thanks again, Macskeeball.
cidentan50
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cidentan50 »

Great! I just noticed though that I apparently never got around to checking the box to mark it as a Universal Binary.

Glad to help.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

I checked the Universal Binary box, but the change won't take. Another minor change has persisted, so it must be a server bug. Fortunately it isn't critical.