Duc map with bots, help needed

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
nostromo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Duc map with bots, help needed

Post by nostromo »

I want to set up a ducati style map with bots for a private lan server.

I have 2 questions:

# I saved a ducati map and loaded it as a world file... that works, but I have everytime the same map. How can I do it like it is in duc? Everytime - or after a superkill - a new map?

# I want to bring a lot of bots, and I know I can do that by starting the client with -solo xx , but if I do this, the bots join all teams. And its not easy to explain that to other players.

- Is there a way to have server site bots, so the bots "stay" on the server, and the palyers can join normally?
- Is there a way to let the bots join all the same color, so that I can fight vs them allß

Thnx in advance
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Duc map with bots, help needed

Post by Bambino »

The ducati style maps are made by a script that creates a new map when all the players leave the server. You just saved the current map that was being played.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's not even a script. It's just the game server itself doing it. If you don't supply a -world option, bzfs will generate a random map. There are also a few bzfs options for controlling how a map is generated. The -cr option (I think) is what will tell bzfs that you want a randomly generated CTF game. There's also options like -b (randomly oriented buildings), -h (use random building heights), and -density (building density). There's probably more as well, but that's what I found with just a quick look through the "bzfs -help" output.
Gargoyle wrote:And its not easy to explain that to other players.
If it's a private LAN server, who would you have to explain it to...? If it's a public server, don't run bots. If it's a local server for you and a couple friends, then either include -solo bots, or don't.

Anyway, if you want them all to join the same team, you could try setting your team color to only allow one player via the -mp option, and then also include -autoTeam. Can't guarantee that'll work, but it should.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

nostromo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nostromo »

Thnx for the help,

the duc map works now.

"...you could try setting your team color to only allow one player ..."
That works, I have 1 slot in green, 5 in red. If I start -solo 6, and join green, all bots join red.
18Wheeler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 18Wheeler »

You can start some bzflag clients, join your server the team you want, and make them autopilot "9".
If something goes wrong call admin.