GM and Missle War 2.3

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

GM and Missle War 2.3

Post by Yrogirg »

Has anyone seen GM to shoot much further sometimes (almost just like a laser)?

I had been shot ~three times by a gm person in the opposite castle, while I was in my castle. I used to think that it was my mistake and actually the player was not so far away. But today when that happened I was observed by Heartnet and he confirmed that strange GM shot. I was shot from red base tower when I was near green base. I've tried to reproduce the shot --- I was firing dozens of GM's from the tower and Heartnet said that I've managed once.

So, is there any way to reproduce the trick intentionally?
Death Racer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: GM and Missle War 2.3

Post by Death Racer »

hmm..I might know a trick that might do it, but I think it's impossible to shoot a gm further than it's allowed range. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. ;)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Driving forward while shooting makes your shots go farther and faster. If you were shooting from your base and hit the opposite base then there is definitly something going on.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

Movement does not affect GM shots' speeds in any way.

On MW2 the map is indeed too long for a gm to travel the entire distance of the map, and any "trick" to make the GM go further is a bug in the game.
Death Racer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Racer »

came to post my feedback..but it seems meone posted it all. :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Usually this problem is just a network glitch. Basically, the message saying to "end" the GM isn't getting through. GMs are handled differently than other shots in that they require an explicit "this shot has ended" message before they will stop. Normal bullets have a specific lifetime that they will expire after.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JohnTheBaptist
Private
Private

Post by JohnTheBaptist »

From my observations it often happens when the shooter dies while his GM is in air. I am often hit like that, even anticipate it in some cases and hide/move where possible.
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

blast wrote:Usually this problem is just a network glitch. Basically, the message saying to "end" the GM isn't getting through. GMs are handled differently than other shots in that they require an explicit "this shot has ended" message before they will stop. Normal bullets have a specific lifetime that they will expire after.
Has that been fixed in 3?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Heck if I know. ;) I believe the shot code is a bit different, but the GM is still controlled by the client.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

wassup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wassup »

Would it work better if it was a plug in, or would that not affect anything sense this is a game glitch not a server controlled issue.
73% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Think about it.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

blast wrote:the GM is still controlled by the client.