Trouble joining "Missile Wars" on bzexcess

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Trouble joining "Missile Wars" on bzexcess

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Hi,

I'm experiencing this issue for quiete a while now. In particular it won't let me join Missile Wars. I can try how often I want to, I'm not getting in.
It will load the map and enter it as "Roaming" but it won't load any other players and it won't join an actual team; It will stay "Roaming" for ever.

I didn't know where to put this, but i guess it could be server related because I'm only experiencing this problem on Missile Wars.
As ever, I'm thankful to any response.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Trouble joining "Missile Wars" on bzexcess

Post by mrapple »

This same thing happened to me.

You are most likely caught in a ban, try contacting "blast" here on the forums and I'm sure he'll whitelist you if you provide your IP.

-MAC1
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You should be able to join now. There was a hostban on your ISP, but I have removed that ban for now.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

mrapplecomputer1 wrote:... if you provide your IP.
That would be impossible, he'd have to change the whitelist every day then. My ISP only provides dynamic IP services.

Thanks, blast.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Cobra_Fast wrote:
That would be impossible, he'd have to change the whitelist every day then. My ISP only provides dynamic IP services.
Registered users can be whitelisted, even if there is a host ban in place with the right server permission set up.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Cobra_Fast wrote:

Thanks, blast.
he might have needed the IP just to check what host you were on so he knows what ban you're stuck in.

Just thought I'd add on.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
spoooooooooooooooon
Private
Private

Post by spoooooooooooooooon »

I too cannot connect to Missile War. I have sent several messages to blast but haven't gotten a reply. It doesn't say I'm banned, it just won't connect.
MMassey
Private
Private

Post by MMassey »

Cobra_Fast wrote:Hi,

I'm experiencing this issue for quiete a while now. In particular it won't let me join Missile Wars. I can try how often I want to, I'm not getting in.
It will load the map and enter it as "Roaming" but it won't load any other players and it won't join an actual team; It will stay "Roaming" for ever.

I didn't know where to put this, but i guess it could be server related because I'm only experiencing this problem on Missile Wars.
As ever, I'm thankful to any response.
I have been having the same problem, just wanting to know if i was banned thank you.
Zuppa
Private
Private

Post by Zuppa »

Yeah, I'm having a similar problem. When I try to join, it just sits at "Waiting..." for a few seconds, and then fails to connect.
Other servers work though.

What should I do?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

If you receive a ban message and it's not ment for you, PM "blast" on these forums and ask to join the whitelist group.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Zuppa wrote:Yeah, I'm having a similar problem. When I try to join, it just sits at "Waiting..." for a few seconds, and then fails to connect.
Other servers work though.

What should I do?
Looks like you were able to connect fine yesterday. I also haven't seen any rejected joins from you. Are you able to join right now? If you still can't, send me a PM here on the forum.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by An SQUERRILz »

I think some of these people have problems unrelated to bans. I've had connection problems with bzexcess.com for years, mostly joining (global login approved, but the rest of the loading doesn't finish, bzadmin sometimes can't join) and sometimes really bad lag, most noticeably chat lag. Blast suggested that I have a poor route to the datacenter, but I see other people have these problems too.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

A SQUERRIL wrote:I think some of these people have problems unrelated to bans. I've had connection problems with bzexcess.com for years, mostly joining (global login approved, but the rest of the loading doesn't finish, bzadmin sometimes can't join) and sometimes really bad lag, most noticeably chat lag. Blast suggested that I have a poor route to the datacenter, but I see other people have these problems too.
I agree with Blast. It must be something on your end or a ban...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

A SQUERRIL wrote:mostly joining (global login approved, but the rest of the loading doesn't finish, bzadmin sometimes can't join)
That's usually a sign of a hostban. As far as I know, there's a bug where the server kills the connection before sending the "reject" message, so the client just hangs there until the connection times out.