special flags

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

special flags

Post by hutty »

all of use have seen a lot of (and are probably tired of) requests for flags that would unbalance the game or are too specialized to work in most maps.

well how about those flags are put in the game, but they will only be put on the map with special confs.

for example +f good{1} would put in the same flags that it always does.

but if +f SS{1} is the only way (bwesides a flag zone) to put the special falg SS (super shield) into the game

its just an idea, but it may be a way to makethings more interesting, without killing the gameplay.
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water
joevano
General
General

Re: special flags

Post by joevano »

You seem to be an idea person.. get out your coding hat and be a doing person.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Uh, you can already do this:

If you use +f good{1}, you get one of every good flag. If you also used -f GM, you would get one of every flag, except GM. Hence you can restrict certain flags from appearing via your conf settings.

Alternatively, you can define very flag separately, if you need control over the number of a specific flag. There pretty much infinite control over what flags will spawn. Whether or not this applies to as-yet-uncoded flags is irrelevant, if they all follow the same system.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

And actually no, that's wrong. The -f option only prevents flags from randomly spawning via -s and +s. It has no effect on mandatory flags (ones specified with +f).

His point was to have "special" flags that are included in the "good" and "bad" shortcuts that would need to be explicitly specified. And I'd say go for it. But it won't go into BZFlag. It would be a fork of the game.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hutty »

I would love to code it, but I am not at that level yet. The most advanced thing i have done is my random generator (in the map editor part of the forum). But I am learning, and will get to that level eventually
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water