Private Servers?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Homonculus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Private Servers?

Post by Homonculus »

I tried joined a game on paran0id.mine.nu, and was told "go away homo, this is a private server". A, this was very rude, B what is a private server? And why is it listed when a check for severs? How am I supposed to know where I am welcome?

Could someone explain this to me?
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

n0id wrote:
Running a bz server on paran0id.mine.nu (port 5577). Just a little box I have in my closet, however it's on 10Mbit fiber so it should be healthy. My closet is located in Sweden so European players might get the best preformance.
They kick you out, or banned, it was the Admin or it was just a joke from someone there.

Normally the private server are not listed....
I tried that server (my lag it was high) and nobody told me get out.
Homonculus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Homonculus »

The main reason I brought this up was because I had been there before, and no one had any problems. I'm just wondering if it was by chance that no one told me to get lost that time, or if this is what normally happens.
n0id
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by n0id »

First of, my server (paran0id.mine.nu) is in no way a "private server" so feel free to play there whenever you like. In case someone tells you to leave just ignore that person. I'm currently the only admin on the server and if (for some reason) I myself would want people to leave I'd just tell them why and after a while kick them.

If someone acts like this in the future please just point out what I've stated here.

I've been busy moving lately and therefor haven't had any time checking up on the server. I'm hoping to do so once I get more time on my hands though.

Sorry for any inconvience and I hope you'll enjoy the server in the future!
För tio kronor får du slicka mig i ansiktet! :oops:
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

See.........it was a joke from someone.
If they dont want you the kick or ban from the server.
If is private isnt listed.
n0id if you can have more Cops on your server will be great....no Admin permissions but just cops.
Admin= all control (permissions) of the server
Cops=they can kick, ban see ban list or the permissions you want to give to them....but they dont have all control of your server.
You can be a supervisor (reading the log) of your cops, and if they made to mistakes you can change with another one.
Will be hard to find a good cops????
Ask around
Just an idea :)
n0id
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by n0id »

Sure, I don't have any probs with cops on my server but this time before I get a new ISP will only be something in the lines of a "test period". Since I have no clue what connection I'll be able to get in my new flat I don't wanna work too much on the server now, in case I cant keep it online anyway. Hopefully I'll get at least 10Mbit there too though, and then I'll work out a better setup.
För tio kronor får du slicka mig i ansiktet! :oops: