Defensive playing modes

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Defensive playing modes

Post by Ragnarok »

Maybe there could be a mode where 1 team defends an area, and the other team attacks it. The defending team's base would have high walls, many sniping spots, and an underground passage going into it. The passage can be used by attackers to infiltrate the base. There would have to be more attackers than defenders. That way, it evens the odds. I always find it easer to defend than attack. The way the attackers win is to get people into the base and stay there. if the attackers are in the base long enough, they will win. The more attackers in the base, the faster it takes to win. The defenders just have to hold off the attackers fro a certain amount of time.

There will be walls and other things that can be used as cover for the attackers approaching the base.

Plus, the team shield idea mentioned earlier could help the attackers to advance on the base. But, as soon as the person with team shield gets into the base, then the shield doesn't work. But the person can leave the base, and the shield will turn back on. The shield will not go into the base, so the person can't just wait outside the base with the shield going through the wall.
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
blast
General
General

Re: Defensive playing modes

Post by blast »

Most of this isn't really an enhancement request. It's more of a map request. The actual game mode would likely be possible to some extent with a plugin as well.

The team shield isn't is something that won't happen, so don't bother with that. The rest of it could work though.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

blast wrote:Most of this isn't really an enhancement request. It's more of a map request.
I was explaining how the game would be played, and what the map could be like and how it fit into the mode.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Right. A map and a plugin. Not an enhancement for the game.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

oh. ok.