Tank Size

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
macsforme
General
General

Tank Size

Post by macsforme »

Good day,

After pondering this for some time, I have become convinced that it is very difficult to hit certain tanks. Today I played for some time against Zelgadis and James, and had great difficulty hitting them, because they would dodge my shots. I also have had similar problems with other notable tanks, such as orbit, dexter, rb2, and especially skilled dodging tanks that have high network latency due to their distance from me, such as llrr and Grace F.

I believe that this is an issue which must be addressed if humble and lowly players like me are to have any chance of stopping these tanks from dodging our shots. Given that this is truly an insidious threat to the good of society (specifically, a threat to my high score), I believe that immediate action is necessitated.

To that end, I would like to promote a way to GAIN BULK FAST with RAPID WEIGHT GAIN protein powder formulas:
This formula has proven effectiveness for putting on significant mass quickly. If you are serious about increasing the tank size of these players, you will join me in promoting fast-growth muscle-building formulas. This formula has been proven to allow you to GET RIPPED. I do believe that this is the most viable and realistic method of addressing the problem with tanks dodging our shots. Once these skilled players gain incredible mass, their increased radius will make them more vulnerable to my shots, as well as the shots of all the BZFlag player community, who has been made to tolerate this ridiculous dodging skill for far too long.

The time has come for us to take a stand... it is time for us to say "enough"... together, we can overthrow the bureaucracy and special interests that have allowed dodging skills to spread throughout the public servers and leagues... together, we will stand up and say... YES WE CAN!
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Tank Size

Post by darkid »

are you suggesting a plugin to increase size proportionate to score?
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

No darkid, it's a joke...
McSpider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by McSpider »

mrapple wrote:No darkid, it's a joke...
Or maybe he wants a plugin that increases a tanks size depending on its score. :P
McSpider - BZFlag Maps
slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

Ragnarok
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ragnarok »

ROFL! :lol-old:
"Before all else, be armed." -Niccolo Machiavelli
"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - N.M.
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - N.M.
"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not will be victorious." - Sun Tzu
"I am not afraid of an army of lions lead by a sheep, but I am afraid of an army of sheep lead by a lion." - Alexander the Great
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
"To win a war, you don't die for your country, you make the other guy die for his country."
"The way to win a war is to make certain it never starts." - Omar Bradley
red-der
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by red-der »

I am in!

Maybe we could make these tanks bigger AND slow them down a little bit?

I kinda like this idea.... sneaking up to these tanks, floating around them like a butterfly and sting like a bee.
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

slower.... that's kinda bad. that makes them hard to maneuver. However, taller, wider, longer would definitely help some people... kinda like an inverse handicap. Or, more accurately, actually like a handicap which is something which inconveniences you, instead of helping you.
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

Very good humor!

But I'm not swallowing it...

hint, you gotta make them drink it first!
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Strakowski »

Until development on this issue progresses further, I've begun the implementation of a secondary ban list to keep these designated offenders off of select servers. That way, we can keep them on randomly generated maps, where they belong.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

ttfkad wrote:Very good humor!

But I'm not swallowing it...

hint, you gotta make them drink it first!
Actually it tastes pretty good... it is available in 2-packs from Hi-Health in chocolate and vanilla flavors. Personally I prefer vanilla, as it tastes better when mixed with gatorade.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

call me an extremist but i'd go for a masterban on all those offenders (except llrr, who is an eternal newb imho), if i had the authority. think of all the hundreds, if not thousands of new players, who have been discouraged and scared away by those unabashed skillz0rs. they could have been avid, regular bz players! :evil: now in year 2010 we have more servers than the sum of active players.. is that the community we wanted to build after so many years of game developing, map making, server hosting? i can hear you crying NO!.. the problem is clear my friends. and the solution is easy. it just takes the necessary level of determination and iron will on part of those in charge..
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

Green Manalishi wrote:call me an extremist but i'd go for a masterban on all those offenders
Love to see that implemented and the fallout afterwards.

Edit, removed unnecessary comments about imprisoning Japanese in the U.S. around the time of WW2...
Firebolt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Firebolt »

He's doing it cause he
SUCKS!
JK :lol-old:

I say
GO FOR IT! :D

Its a pretty good idea.
I hate it when I hit a tank and it doesn't BLOW UP! :twisted:

Firebolt
Burn Baby Burn!

-Always laugh when you can. It is cheapest medicine.
-Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.
-You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

Constitution wrote: After pondering this for some time, I have become convinced that it is very difficult to hit certain tanks. Today I played for some time against Zelgadis and James, and had great difficulty hitting them, because they would dodge my shots. I also have had similar problems with other notable tanks, such as orbit, dexter, rb2, and especially skilled dodging tanks that have high network latency due to their distance from me, such as llrr and Grace F.
Maybe this is their secret.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Do you think the GU league promotes this kind of stuff? xD
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

I agree, also you shoulD have peOple with to low a score get alot smaller and lose bulk similar to the effects of Narrow. Also, Trader isn't in gu so thAt musn't be the case quantom, and constitution, great idea i aPPROVE.
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

uhh is the emphasis for a reason?
or is it random capps spam?

and it's just bigger, not smaller.
like every point +.03
or something.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

Nice thread C! Good idea though. ^^
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

But than the pro-gamers, or "skill0rs", will play less on public servers, or wherever this plug-in will be used. This will end up like following: The newbies and non-"skillers" will own the public maps, while the more experienced players occupy the leagues, where that plug-in won't be used. That's my opinion.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Knox, you realize this was a joke, right? ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

AD Epoch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AD Epoch »

Constitution... I'm not sure you have the constitution for this formula ;)
Shalom BahShem
Yehoshua, Meshiakh