It has been awhile!

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

It has been awhile!

Post by Legolas »

Hey everyone,
Most of you won't remember me because I have been out for almost 4 years now. I used to play on servers such as turkey, secretplace, ducati, and some badgerking at the end. I got bored in my dorm so I decided to pull out BZFlag again! It is good to see a lot of newer players on the game! Just a quick question: What servers would you recommend me playing? I'm not a huge fan of these laser sniping and GM maps, or servers with 20 shots. Any ideas?
It's good to be back, take it easy on me. Laptop and arrow keys= awful control of tank :wink:
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: It has been awhile!

Post by Bambino »

Badgerking is still around and popular :)

most maps on bzbattleground.com - they focus mainly on skill and not camping type maps :)

turkey and secretplace is gone ( maybe a revivial is in order if anyone has the maps and configs ). I would be very willing to host them.

Join the leagues and welcome back :)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

The style has definitely changed since you left, but there is still usually a mean game of rabbit over on FoxBurrow @ norang.

Welcome back, has it really been 4 years? It really doesn't seem like it.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

Elfie!! Good to see you back (and thank you for making me realize how old I'm getting :P )!

Badgerking is still around and has undergone some interesting changes since the last time you were around, though I wouldn't quite call it "popular" at the moment. Good changes. Interesting gameplay changes. Anyways, bk had several periods of server problems over the past two years and its hurt the map's numbers. I usually only see people playing there maybe once every week or two, but at least most of the usual suspects (badgerking, Swine, Green Manalishi, etc) are still hitting it and it does get the occasional unfamiliar face.

Also, I would second joevano's recommendation of FoxBurrow. It's a rather simple map with a few complex possibilities, good regulars, and it's not unknown for us to ocassionally turn flags off completely and just blindly bash it out.
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

Any of "Louman" 's maps
they are great
he has maybe 15-20 and are all different styles
i have not been around as much but i have seen your old posts
WELCOME BACK!
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

welcome back legolas!
was it really four years because that means ive been playing this game a lot longer than i thought i have.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

Welcome back! And yeah of course, become part of the http://gu.bzleague.com. (Yes, it's a link.)
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!