Sealed, again.

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
adameros
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sealed, again.

Post by adameros »

With each maintenance release, I keep hoping the bugs that plague me will go away, they never do.

I play under ubuntu and I've had this same problem for the last three maintenance releases, at least.

Often when going through teleports, I get stuck and have to self destruct to get out. Also I get sealed and unable to move when I hit some solid masses. A culprit that catches me every time is when I roll on to the platform under upper teleports on tricolor missile war.

Please, these bugs are killing me. Really!
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: Sealed, again.

Post by Cobra_Fast »

I know this bug and it only seems to happen on linux.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

As far as I know it only affects 32-bit Linux. So, if you get 64-bit Linux, it should go away. (assuming your CPU is capable of that)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

hrm... running into bricks: same here. (mac OSX 10.6.3)
it happens when you lag slightly into the block... you have to run forward (idk?) to back out slowly... but you are highly vulnerable. Telports idk... hasn't ahppened. I can recreate this on local servers if I do something (f5) to induce lag.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

darkid, they are talking about going through teleporters. You are not encountering the same issue.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

adameros wrote: Also I get sealed and unable to move when I hit some solid masses.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
customer service
Private
Private

Post by customer service »

I've (Linux32) experienced this bug, too. At least the "solid mass" issue, definitely, several times. After building 2.0.16 from the sources instead of using precompiled distribution packages, I got rid of it. Build runs smooths and easy if all dependencies are met, so it should be worth the hassle.