Please HELP...Some Questions to be answered.

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
Baap
Private
Private

Please HELP...Some Questions to be answered.

Post by Baap »

1. Does BZFlag work on Windows 7?
2. What is a LAG? How can it be solved?
joevano
General
General

Re: Please HELP...Some Questions to be answered.

Post by joevano »

1. Yes, make sure you have the latest video drivers for your video card
2. Lag is how long it takes for a packet of information to go from your computer to the server across the network (which includes the internet in this case). Improving lag really depends on how you are connecting to play. Give us a few detail. Wired or wireless? DSL, cable, stealing the neighbors wi-fi? ;-)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Typically, lag is the delay between your computer and the server. Sometimes you can get "fake lag" as well, which can be caused by a number of issues such as a poor connection, slow graphics card, and other factors. You should make sure that you have the latest graphics driver from your video card manufacturer as the ones that come with computer (or that are in Windows Update) may not accelerate OpenGL. If you are on wifi, try changing the wifi channel or attaching a cable and see if that helps. Basically, just try to narrow down where the issue is.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Baap
Private
Private

Post by Baap »

I have:
Wired Broadband Internet Connectivity 512kbps shared mode
LAN : 100mbps
Graphic Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (on board)

Please tell me what to do to avoid lag
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

play on servers near you, at least on the same continent, and well it won't help with lag, but it will improve your gaming experience if you add a better graphics card.

The one you listed appears to be on on-board card which typically doesn't fair well with 3d games and such.