Can anyone explain the mines to me in Clay Hill Free for

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Can anyone explain the mines to me in Clay Hill Free for

Post by InfraRed »

All... ahs's latest map... found at bzbattleground.com. Clues? Thanking you all for any help.
EQ balanced with IQ, eliminates Sleepwalking through life.
joevano
General
General

Re: Can anyone explain the mines to me in Clay Hill Free for

Post by joevano »

Clue #1 Read the message right when you join
Clue #2 Type /mine
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by InfraRed »

Yeah I did read the intro and the commands using the /mines list it feature that was shown when I logged in... yet I don't understand several things... do I have to be holding the SW flag to place a /sw mine? and what does it do exactly..place it where I drop a flag, drop a mine and I still hold my flag, or is no flag required. It does seem puzzling that there is a SB mine, trying to picture how that works. I was playing and someone had blown themself up and commented using chat that their own mine got them... and was wondering more about the details or experiences with it v.s. just a list of commands that I can clearly read. Thanks for the google link, yet it goes more to links that also describe code utilized. I know other people in the game were also asking how to use it and when they asked on chat noone else appeared to know either...lot's of don't know answers..not admin types mind you but general users.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=11828 <-- this is the post describing how it works. Take a look at the code block.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

You can set a mine when you have the USELESS flag. Once you set a mine the next person to drive near the spot will set it off. What happens depends on the type of mine you set. If you set an SW mine as SW will fire at the spot. Once you set a mine you drop the flag. Experiment with the different mine types to discover what they do.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by InfraRed »

Wow! Thanks Bambino... that link explained quite a bit, especially how that player blew himself up with the mysterious blow up comment at the bottom of the write up...excellent link! ;)
Thanks joevano! I did go in there last night and found out about the useless flag (and set a sw mine), but the rest was puzzling, as noone else was in the map to see the effect. I did see a wierd triangular shape thing on the ground that was tanish in color and seemed to be like a hole in the ground but wasn't sure if that was the mine or something else graphically.
& Thanks mrapple, some of those links said it was a third party plug in which may explain why some general users aren't very familiar with it.
Time to experiment when the map is fuller! :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The mine itself will not have any visual indication.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)